Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Camping

Mike and Brittany love to camp, but Mike has quiet the talent for it! He planned this whole thing and we just jumped on board. We pitched camp in Birch Creek and the area we were in, in particular, was the birthplace of Sacajawea.... EEEEEEEKKKKKK!! I love history soooo much I seriously did a leg kick when he told me... a very high leg kick! We made tin foil dinners, a delicious cherry and apple cobbler in the dutch oven {which I kept calling the dutch forman grill... oopsies!!}, s'mores, and mallow cookie sandwiches {my personal favorite}. We also went fishing and four wheeling, shooting, hiking, and discovering. IT WAS SOOOOOO AWESOME!!! We also saw a fox and deer. I felt seriously productive.

Since Lily and Ekemona would have despised us for restricting their ability to discover a.k.a. dangerous and toddler hazards, we left them back home with a friend to watch, and it relieved a lot of stress for everyone involved.




This was our awesome camp site. 

The beautiful view

The view a little to the left


And again... a little to the left


{up in the mountains now} another view

We took the four wheelers out on an adventure.

Me and Ella on the quad.

{back at home} This was the first time I saw a gun.

Went shooting. First time I pulled the trigger. Felt just like a toy gun.

Shooting the glock for the first time. Hell no, that was not like a toy at all! 
I screamed like a little pansy! Literally!! 

Hunty loves shooting just like his daddy!


The view from where we were shooting. 

Huntsman's cool moves!! 

Brittany and Ella watching us shoot our targets with their ear plugs.

I hit this twice... the far left one and the far left bottom. I was proud of myself!!

Then we came across these old cabins. do you see the one on the far 
left that didn't make it? We went into the one that was still standing. These cabins
were made for the miners who would hike up this mountain everyday in search of
silver and gold.

Aren't these amazing? Try to guess the time period. I love the way
lincoln logs look! 

The inside...


The roof...

The window...

Same as above just another angle...



These two photos are upside down, but we found a shirt and a tin can where the fire/stove use to be.


We even found his old shoe.

This was the best part for me... in the area of fire/stove we found news paper 
and looked for the date. It was dated Saturday December 29, 1923. 
ISN'T THAT AWESOME!!! AHHHH I love it!!
It was like a time capsule, a glimpse of the past... not to mention how much
I love history!

Remember how I told you about those cabins and miners. Here is the mine. On the 
other side, way up top is a vault that holds all the riches they mined, but there was no equipment 
big enough to carry it all down. You can still see the vault and I was tempted
to break it all down just to see the raw gold and silver. 

The inside of the mine. We didn't dare to go in... even as much as mine and Mike's 
adventurous spirit were tempted, we just weren't convinced it was safe enough.


The view from the mine.

When we got back to camp and were done with the quad adventure Ella's hair
was covered in dust ahahah.

And this is how Hunter rolled up! Like an OG!! hahahaha

Then we went fishing.


Love this action picture.

Caught an 11" rainbow trout which was big enough to eat. Thought I was
brave enough to learn how to cut and clean a fish... FALSE!!! I'll reel them in
and everyone else can be the massacrest! Not in my blood. 

Brittany caught this awesome fish, but Mike and Hunter went off on the four wheeler
and us three girly girls had no idea how in the world you unhook a fish and 
all screamed like little delicate flowers. ahahahah It was a rough ten minutes; 
for both us and the fish... who later lived happily ever after!

Are you impressed with this little concoction?!? Ill tell you right now how to make it...
2 cans of pie filling {ours was cherry and apple}
1 box of pound cake mix
1 stick of butter
*Pour cans into dutch oven. Do not try to make it perfect, it naturally does it's thang.
* Pour dry cake mix over the pie filling evenly
*Slice butter and then spread evenly over the top of the dry mix.
*Cover and let cook anywhere to 10-45 mins {depends on how hot your coals are}
*PS Do not forget your can opener, otherwise you're SOL!

And guess what... it was delicious!!! It tasted like a funnel cake! It was magical!!

Tin foil dinners, they were really good! 

Here is our wonderful fish. Lemon, butter, and salt and pepper. 
The best fish I had since living in Hawai'i!!

Roasting some mallows!


My personal favorite way to eat a mallow.... in a cookie sandwich!!


Thought we would try something new, same idea as the tin foil dinners.
We stuffed ice cream cones with marshmallow, chocolate and other concoctions like
peanut butter, bananas, and chocolate. The bananas were so good. I would suggest to make
something that would mock a bananas foster. 

Another view... it just kept getting prettier and prettier!
bahahahahahhah Hunty warming his bum!

Love Ella's new shades!

Brittany, Mike, and Hunter

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It has been too long since I've been on here! You are the funnest coolest friend! Hope things are going well for you guys and looking forward to hearing more about what's going on with you guys.

Josh and Tiff said...

Camping is wonderful and that cabin you found and newspaper...SO COOL!

Crack You Whip said...

This looked extremely cool! Love the old newspaper. Can't believe it was still in such decent condition.

Tiffany said...

GOR-GEOUS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...