It was beautiful and all the animals were out. We saw buffalo, a wolf, a beaver, a fox catching his lunch, chipmunks, elk, and bears. We had to stop and let most of these creatures cross the road, but it was so whimsical. I felt like Snow White in her enchanted forest.
We originally planed to swim in the Boiling River, but they had closed it off because the water was too high. So we stopped at Mammoth Geyser and saw a herd of elk. If you ever get the chance to make it to Yellowstone, it is a must!! Especially in May, where you can see the most animals.
This is a rock Native Americans used to carve arrow heads. We found
soooo much!!! ...some the size of my head. Can anyone tell me what the real
name of this is? I always forget. It was originally lava that cooled.
The beautiful waterfall
Mammoth Geyser is the biggest geyser in Yellowstone. It was awesome.
Lily and Ekemona in the stroller. Eke hated it, so I carried him up the whole way
up the Geyser. It was painful!!
We were so close to the Elk. It was amazing... and I felt like Snow White.
Seriously, I was about 5 feet from her. I could pet her!!!
The fox that caught his lunch. My guess is it was a rabbit.
Buffalo





8 comments:
So beautiful!!! And I'm pretty sure that the stone is obsidian :)
Looks so fun. Glad you are doing so well. Your little man is getting so big and cuter and cuter!
It has been literally decades since I have been to Yellowstone, but it has always been an incredible place to visit - so glad you got a chance to go!
Beautiful pictures. I think my favorite, though, is of Lily and Eke in the stroller. She's having such a lovely time and he looks very angry to be strapped in there. So cute.
We are planning on going out there in the next couple of years...can't wait!!! Gorgeous shots!!
oh man! you have no idea how crazy timely this post was! i spent my lunch break writing notes about yellowstone--robert and i are driving across country this october, and spending a day/night there. your pictures just get me even more pumped--thanks for the gorgeous shots! hope you are doing well, dear! xoxo
Oh dude! How amazing is this place???!!! I've never been but I really really really want to go!
♥Janette, the Jongleur
GORGEOUS photos! We meant to go camping at Yellowstone when we lived up north... but we are still going to have to make this happen! Hopefully next summer!
Post a Comment