Monday, August 27, 2012

Gratitude

As I sit around and look at our apartment I feel at home. I feel safe and happy. I love feeling the dew of the humidity rest on my skin and smell of the ocean's mist. I am so thankful to be able to be in one of my favorite parts of the world and to feel that opportunities are just about to knock on our door, and that at any moment I can let them brush through my finger tips or grasp them like reigns.
source

Then I start to think of the process it took to get us here - the sweat, the exhaustion, the long distance, the separation, and most importantly the charity of others. 

Gian got accepted to three schools, and while we patiently waited to hear back from Whittier Law School, it didn't unfold magically like the others. The circumstances literally put us on our feet and we made calls to family members with both excitement and concern. My first thought was, this is not logical let's just choose a different school, one that is easier and less stressful... but just like a miracle, all those un-logical things disappeared and solutions were created. We have amazing friends and family and they were all able to help us accomplish what seemed to be impossible. It felt so spectacular to feel like we had a safety net and people were ready to lift us when we felt unsure. 
source

As I look at our couch and TV, I get a little overwhelmed with gratitude to think of all the people who made it possible for us to be here, and I wish they all could be here to see the final finished product, to see Ekemona running around happy, and to see Gian leave early in the morning to attend law school. I wish we could still be with these great friends that we left behind in Utah!

So I want to dedicate this post to everyone that helped us move, store our belongings, gave us shelter when we were "homeless" {in both California and Idaho}, helped ensure there was food on our table, and gave us love and supporting words when it seemed like we were sinking like rocks... because without all of you this may never have happened and you helped create a miracle!

source
Thank you to everyone who has given their time and charity to us in the past three months. Thank you to everyone who helped us unconditionally and "with your heart full of song!!!" Your impact has touched me greatly and I am overwhelmed with gratitude and love! Charity never faileth, and you proved this to be truer then true! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


source


1 comment:

Hope Wiltfong said...

It is completely lovely that we can help each other. I have had so many people over the years, places and times that have popped up at unexpected times and been right there for some particular need that I had no idea I needed! I just keep trying to pay it forward and keep the wonderful karma moving on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...