Monday, September 17, 2012

New York

Duhh Duh Duh na nah na, Duhh DUH DUH NA NAH NA.... NEW YORK, NEEEEEEEEEWWWWW YOOOOOOOOOORK!! I have been singing this song for WEEKS, and I'm not even sick of it... because it's awesome... and who doesn't love Sinatra?

I loved being in the big city!! Once upon a time I lived in Chicago for a year, and there I developed my tremendous love for the city, and since this was the first time I have ever been to New York, I left my heart there!

My dad took me with him since he had to go for business and for the first time in years I felt like a kid again. I felt like I was eight years old hanging out with my dad on a "daddy-daughter-date" and it was a blast. I got to see him work, which is really cool because I totally look up to him and his business intelligence, and I got to see all the other people who look up to him as well as follow him around like little puppy dogs with their tongues hanging out. One of the best parts was that people always said, "You are so lucky to have this guy for a dad!" and I would reply, "YES I AM!!" I am a very proud daughter. What can I say, my dad's the shiz!!!

Anyways, here are some of the things I got to do. One of which I didn't take pictures of was going shopping in SoHo!!! Spectacular! Ran into Dash {you know the Kardasian store} and wasn't impressed AT ALL!! LAME!! On the way there I was all alone, catching my first cab on my own then telling the driver to take me to Chelsea.... he then asked for a street address and as a rookie, I had no idea, so that normal $7 cab fair turned into a $21 pain in my %$@#!! Hahahah Can't experience New York without getting robbed at least once right?!?

Enjoy the pictures!!

Ran into Lady Gaga!!

Watching my dad work at the Yale Club - Ball Room!

TIME SQUARE!!! I felt a little like Mary Tyler Moore and a lot like Buddy the Elf!!

We took a carriage ride through Central Park



My favorite souvenir... don't worry I didn't spend all my 
money in one place, it's New York peoples!!  

Had lunch by myself and it felt glorious!



My dad picked out Avenue Q and it was freaking HILARIOUS!!! I loved it so much!!! Not your typical broadway show. It has puppets and a lot of swearing, but man we were in tears!

And then my dad took me to The Lion King!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! I cried! This show is soooooooooooo amazing! I had never seen it before and it is far more passionate and emotional then the movie! FREAKING AMAZING! I want to see it again! The reason why I was so happy to see this was because as a kid, I LOVED the movie. I had a stuffed Simba and Nala and I would sing the songs all the time so my dad nicknamed me McKoonley-Ma-Tah-Tah ahhahaha and it has stuck ever since! So this experience took both me and my dad back at least 17 years. I LOVED IT!!! He loved it!!! SO GOOOOOOOOD!! 

New York... Big lights will inspire you!! And yes they did!! It was one of the best trips I have ever been on! I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to spend the time with my dad. It was the perfect pick me up!!

1 comment:

Jes said...

So good that you got to spend time with your dad! Sounds like a lot of fun. Lion King is TJ's favorite! He asks to watch it every day. Maybe I can take him to the musical in the future. I know I would love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...