![]() |
| Source |
This will be my first night away from E!! Kind of a crazy thought. I have been with him every single night of his life. I am not sure how I will feel. I am not the type of person to miss anyone unless it is for long periods of time. Goodbyes never seem to phase me because I am usually excited to go wherever I am headed or to start a grand adventure.
I wonder how it will feel to sit in my hotel room and go to bed without getting the little bug ready too - no story times, no prayers, no goodnight hugs and kisses and lullabies! And what about the mornings? Will it feel empty and quiet? Not going to lie.... I am probably most excited about sleeping in without being woken up! I just can't imagine what I will feel... sad, relaxed, happy, or guilty for having so much fun! All in all, I believe it to be healthy for parents to spend time away from their kids for small amounts of time. It allows him to bond with other people and it builds self-security and independence... not to mention the much needed alone time for myself! I am just so happy that Eke will get to spend some time with his Lola too!
So today is my day!! I'm off to Great Places! I'm off and away! I've got brains in my head and feet in my shoes and I can steer myself any direction I choose! Goodbye LA and hello Big Apple!!!






2 comments:
Have a great trip! I know the first time I left my two daughters overnight was when I took a trip to Amsterdam from Germany - I only worried about them for about 30 seconds before I fell asleep every evening! Enjoy!
Have fun!!! I'm sure Ekemona will be okay, and there's always skype! :) How long are you going for?
Post a Comment