Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2012 Wrap Up

Obviously I am a failure at blogging. The first trimester was flipping rough, so I wasn't able to show you pictures of Ekemona for his birthday, Halloween, or Christmas. We weren't able to travel for Thanksgiving, so we stayed here in Orange County, and my friends, Amrah and Donavon, invited us to her family's dinner, which was so good and delicious, only I didn't take any photos. Again, I fail at life!!! So please enjoy these pictures from many moons ago!


We did our 3rd annual photo booth picture
{it feels like we did this so much more than that because we did this a few times while we dated}


Ekemona turned 2 years old in October. I was still really sick at this point, so it was just us three who celebrated ... and of course we had an ice cream cake!


Right before he exhaled to blow out his candle! Love that boy!!


He was a monster for Halloween. Again, still sick from morning sickness, hence why there are no pictures of me or Gian. 


Amrah and Donavon had us over for a Christmas dinner. Look how cute her table is, she even had cranberries in the ice cubes! Eke watched Brave the whole time and loved it!


The mall we took Ekemona to replaced all their animals on the carousel with reindeers. He loves doing this! 


...And the classic upset 2y/o on Santa's lap. I have to say I love this picture!! Sorry little nugget! It's only a once a year thing.


We went to Idaho for Christmas. My sister, Brittany, and I did some grocery shopping. Being high risk and traveling takes a toll on your body. This was hilarious yet embarrassing all at the same time... but a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!!! 



Christmas Dinner! One of the best meals ever. It is our tradition to have a standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, homemade {my grandma's famous} rolls, strawberry salad, green bean casserole, Martinelli's, and poppers with our animal ornaments. Poppers are an English tradition that pop out a paper crown, joke, and prize. It's one of the best parts of the whole dinner. Then for dessert we had our famous red velvet cake. If you haven't had our recipe then you have never enjoyed red velvet cake. It's the way the cake was designed to taste, all the others are just counterfeited... and I am not just saying that!! It's legit!! 


Eke in his Christmas best. Loved this outfit!! 
Ps This was the best picture I could get. Sorry for him itching/picking his nose.


Our niece Ella and Gian!


Hunter seems to have picked up on his Uncle Gian's photogenic skills ahhahaha. Sorry Brittany!


The boys got their own table. What studs!!


Lily got to eat with us! Lucky lady!


Even Ella got to join us too. She loves her dad, Mike.



This is me trying to tell Gian to make a "normal" face. Here you go world... the most normal smile you will see from Gian!


Our little growing family! Ekemona doesn't look thrilled here, but I promise you he is. He is just a little man trapped in a toddler body. My dad, Tatu, makes this same exact pose. Eke also loooooooooved having his crown. Since the day he was born we have always wondered where he gets his royal stance from. He is always so proper and holds his head like a king.


McCall, Ryan, and their two boys. So cute! I love that they were all in plaid!


Our Christmas eve Pajamies. "Bear Cheeks!!!"




Christmas Eve... we had the kids leave out gingerbread cookies, egg nog for Santa, and celery for his reindeer. 


They also got to throw out magic oats that they made wishes with. The reindeer come and eat up the oats. Yes, that is a real reindeer hoof. Don't ask unless you like to hunt!!


My mom always has the best Christmas trees!! She is so good at decorating! 


Ekemona opening his gifts on Christmas morning.



Dad showing Eke how to work his new nerf gun!!


Brittany, Mike, and their kids opening gifts.


Me and my sweet little haolepino!! 


Santa brought Brittany's kids this HUGE teddy bear. The bear was a hit... and you can see how Eke is instantly attracted to the bear since he looks like Max's {his little white bear} dad/mom.


I just loved these pajamies on him!!! I couldn't get enough!


My mom, Koko, helping the boys with their gifts.


We had a wonderful snow storm that dropped the most flaky snow ever. You could blow it away if it just sat in your hand, and every centimeter sparkled in the sun. It was amazing.


There is something about little kids in snow gear that makes them so fluffy and cute!


This is a panoramic shot of my parents house in Idaho. It's the only house on the street, so we get to have tons of space to play with everything, everywhere. Mike and Gian took the kids sledding, pulling them with a four wheeler. My mom decorated the house for christmas... she has such a good eye. Everyone in town was talking about how perfect her lights were. They were pretty awesome! {PS See the yellow and blue? That was for our Jewish side!!! ;)}


Somehow this crazy HUGE yet creepy cob web was spun on the balcony. We have no idea when, but when the fog came in one night, it crystalized and made this creepy web look whimsical!! We told the kids that Spiderman came to check in on them. They LOVED it!! It seriously was out of a movie!


Ekemona discovered a dry erase marker and decided to draw all over Koko's walls, himself, and diaper. These pictures don't even do it justice. I couldn't even capture it all in one shot. Rubbing alcohol was the key to getting it off. PHEEEEEEWWW!! I will say how much I love his curiosity and imagination. ... but I can only say that because it came off so easy ahhaha.



When we came back home to Orange County, I thought we had made it through Christmas without having any accidents from Ekemona. If you look to the far right, he somehow managed to behead one of the kings. Then after, he felt horrible and ran the head to me saying "sorry" and then I came in and, as a peace offering, he had given hats to the donkey and cow... ahhaha. That boy!!! 



3 comments:

Bel said...

I LOVE THE MATCHING PJS OMG. Hope you're feeling better :)

Lindsay said...

So so so cute!! I loved so much about this post! Eke is so handsome he kills me. That action shot of him blowing out his candles is a killer! I love your purse in the basket of the shopping cart scooter thing! You have a darling growing family! So happy for you!

kme1981 said...

I love this post and all the pictures! What a cute family you have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...