Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pride

Pride: there are two kinds... one that is good and one that is detrimental to everything good in this life, i.e. mostly relationships, but today I want to talk about the good kind of pride.

There is one kind of pride that makes you feel like rainbows are bursting out of your heart and mini unicorns are frolicking around you with sparkling fairy dust. O.KAY fine.... maybe that's just the way I feel when joy has totally consumed every fiber of my being, but that kind of pride is what makes us wake up every morning! It's the kind that rewards us for all of our hard work and endeavors.    

That is why us parents take PRIDE in our children!! Even when it comes to their poop! Yes folks.... I want to talk to you today about my son's glorious poop!!! Why??? BECAUSE IT NOW IS IN THE TOILET!!!!! FOR TIME AND ALL ETERNITY!!!! This little teeny Haolepino just amazes me. He first went potty all on his own back in early May. I had NO idea what the heck I was doing. I wasn't prepared for this. I had no treats to reward him with, no potty chart, no special seat/potty and most certainly no big kid underwear or pull ups. I was dumbfounded. 

So the next day we ran out bought all the things that I listed above, but since we put him back in diapers I wasn't set on training him. You see, in my mind, I refused to potty train Ekemona until the twins were at least six months old. That would have put Ekemona closer to three years old which I assumed would make things easier, but Eke had other plans. On June 21st we fully committed to potty training him and that was the last day he ever wore diapers, it only took three days. There was only one accident when he peed... on our night stand.... yep.... and that was it!!!! What was he doing on our night stand? I don't recall, but I don't care either because it was not on the carpet sooooooooooooo it was a breeze clean up! 

Don't worry, I had NOOOOOOOOO clue what I was doing, and to be completely honest I kind of made things up because I knew what would work for Ekemona and his personality. For example, I was his freaking labor coach when it came to, "dropping the kids off at the pool", if you know what I mean.... but seriously, remember in movies, or maybe your own labor, there is someone there counting and then pushing and you hear screaming.... yep that was us!! I think that visual sums it up for you, right? ahahahahah It was hilarious and the thought still makes me laugh! For the screaming part.... well for him he had a really hard time relaxing and letting mother nature do it's thing.... so he screamed instead ahahahahha! But after a handful of "labor and delivery" episodes he was a pro!
This is after the first day. Can you believe all those stars? Like my illustrations next to the potty words???
PS I have no idea why I spelled poo with an H. 

My favorite part about potty training him was watching him develop self-esteem and confidence! He too was PROUD of himself and it just tickled me to see him literally jump with joy and shout, "I DID IT MOM!!!!" His favorite shape are stars, so those were the stickers he got to put on his potty chart and he loved those more then his treats {Kisses and Rollos}.

He kept saying "I'm cool mom!!!"


Now that you have read all the latest news on my child's bowl movements you can understand why PRIDE has been such a wonderful emotion in this house. Mostly for me as a parent, but for little tiny humans as well! Pride is what motivates us and makes us continue throughout the day and encourages us to do it all over again! Yep... I'm proud of my little nugget's nuggets!!! And I'm not afraid to say it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So many amazing quotes in this! ! I kept reading snippets out loud to brad.

Camille Spence said...

Pooh with an H because you have Disney Magic pumping through your veins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...