Monday, April 5, 2010

Intelligender

My sister McCall found this product called Intelligender. It is an at home kit that can predict the sex of your baby as early as 10 weeks. When McCall found it she was so excited and called me to tell me what she had found. She then continued to tell me she already purchased it and was mailing it to me. I thought it was so cute she would go out of her way to give us this cute little pregnancy gift. The package we got was green and white polka dots, with a very vibrant colorful letter. We loved it!
In case you have never heard of this gadget I would love to explain it further. It is this home kit that you can buy at Target, Wallgreens, and CVS stores. How it works is you need your first morning's urine sample, and you follow the directions EXACTLY. The kit will either turn GREEN for boy or ORANGE for girl. It is 82% accurate, so nothing is set in stone until you have your 20 week doctor's appt where you can see by the ultrasound and/or the baby has arrived. The hormones from the baby get into the mothers system and while overnight, your bladder holds urine for one of the longest times of the day creating there the highest amount of hormones detected in the urine. This device is able to read those hormones to help predict the gender of your Gummy Bear.

What a brilliant idea this was. It is fun to get a better idea of what you are having sooner. The odds of it being right are high enough for me to feel pretty confident in what I now know what we maybe having. I mean if it was 50% accurate I would say... so are my guesses... and wouldn't think twice, but they have done a lot of reaserch for it, that McCall found and forwarded on to me. If you want to visit their site to read more or purchase one for your self just go here.

Gian saw the results before I did, and he came in and gave me a sweet kiss saying, "It's a boy." He was beyond thrilled, and happy to confirm his thoughts of it being a boy. My whole life I have always thought I would have a boy first, and everyone keeps saying I will have a boy...and because of everyone saying that. I felt like... well why can't I have a girl? So I tried to fight the odds and keep my fingers crossed in hopes that this pregnancy it would be a girl. I really am happy either way, a baby is such a wonderful blessing and there is nothing that can make a couple happier then to start a family.

In case we are all wrong, including the intelligender, I will be able to find out in 9 long weeks for sure what we are having.

Thank you McCall and Ryan for thinking of us and letting us be able to put our minds to ease for the next few months. It was so kind of you to think of us.

6 comments:

kme1981 said...

Hooray! You were right :) A friend of mine did the intelligender and it said she was having a girl and sure enough, GIRL! I guess it is a 50/50 chance either way...but it is fun to take! Congratulations!!!

Diana Smith said...

That is so cool! I am so happy for you. Congratulations! I was hoping you would have a girl so my baby girl could play with yours, but boys and girls can play together too! HAHA

Lindsay said...

Yay for boys! This will be a long 9 weeks of resisting the urge to buy lots of boy things just in case it really is a girl!

R+M said...

what a cute little post! thanks kin. I know, I agree with lindsay it will be hard to resist the urge to start painting the nursery, etc etc. but I am sure Gian was happy to see the green! hahaha. love you!

Unknown said...

I'm still crossing my fingers for a girl... ;)

Josh and Tiff said...

I didn't know you were expecting. I am sorry I have been out of it lately. Congratulations! I am so excited for you. Let me know when you find out what the ultrasound says. I am curious if it is right.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...