Where to start... Well as many of you know June is probably one of the best days of the year, [besides Christmas obviously] because that is when I, McKinley, entered the world and was able to grace every single one of you with my presence. Ahhahahahahah...JUST KIDDING!! I love my birthday. Not because I get gifts, but because it simply makes me really really happy to be alive. My mom was so cute with the way she let us pick out our birthday themes each year, and every time I think of my birthday as a kid I remember all the fun I had with my friends and family. Now getting older it is still just as fun. It is a time to reflect on your life and the many more years to come. Plus being pregnant I think I am beginning to get a glimpse of the joy my mom had when she held me for the first time.
Gian came home from work around 3:30ish and I being a complete mess after cleaning the house was passed out on the bed with greasy hair and glasses still on. I know I am a real fox!!! I heard him come home and with little to no energy I remained in bed. When I heard him not shut the front door I realized that he must have a heavy load. I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANT.... GIFTS! He loved me sooooooooo much he set everything up on the kitchen table. He got my favorite flowers, Peonies... which is a real treat because they are only in season for 3 months out of the year, and I am blessed enough to be born within that small time frame. See, I told you my birthday is amazing! Hahahaha I'm just messing with you. As you can see in the earlier image that he had two gifts nicely wrapped. They looked beautiful. The flowers were by far the prettiest set he has ever given me, and the wrapping... well was too pretty for a man to have done. So I asked him who he had wrap the gifts. His jaw literally dropped and said, "What? I am offended!!! You do not think I could do this on my own?" While his lips started curling with laughter I was sarcastic and said, "Of course not, this looks like Whitney's signature wrapping skills." He confessed and admitted to having Whitney Royal work her magic. Didn't she do a great job? She is so creative.
I opened my gifts and this is what was inside.
Gian has the best memory. A while back this store called Sassy Babies was doing a giveaway and this was the exact bag. I didn't win and he knew how much I wanted this bag. He said he bought it a while ago and was waiting for my birthday to give it to me. The other thing is a hair product that I think is heaven in a bottle. It makes my hair like silk. It is a mask you put on at night and you hair absorbs it so by morning time, it doesn't even look like you had anything in your hair. It is wonderful.
We then left for dinner at Bombay House which is an Indian restaurant in Provo. One of my favorites. It was delicious. After that we went to Brian and Megan Bollard's house (which I covet) and there was a cute decoration that Megan and Whitney made.... it was so cute! I even had a birthday hat! There was also miniature cupcakes from the Cocoa Bean. We played games and stayed until about 1:00am. It was so much fun. Thank you to the Royals and Bollards for making my birthday so much fun.
Also for your liking, a 20 week belly shot! I don't want to know how big I will be at 38 weeks. I feel HUGE already, where else is this baby going to go except outward. I am scared!





6 comments:
What a fun birthday! And I love my petunia pickle bottom bag that lewis bought for me 5 years ago... But that print on yours is super cute!! I just might have to get a new bag! :)
And what's the name of that hair stuff? I can't remember if you wrote it in your blog and it's too hard to go back to look at it on my iPod... I want nice hair like yours!
Aww your birthday looks so fun. I think that is awesome you got that bag, they are beautiful but soo pricey! I want to try that hair treatment, that would be awesome. Happy Birthday! Hope you had an awesome one.
Happy Birthday! I am soooo happy for you that you received what you wanted! Your husband sounds like a keeper, just like mine :)
I am glad you had a good birthday and you don't look very big at all. It is amazing how much our skin can stretch and what our bodies go through.
What a fun birthday! I'm so glad you had such a great day! Your next blog post needs to be about that magical hair stuff...because I want to try it!
You look so adorable with your LITTLE TINY belly!
Happy Birthday! Thanks for introducing me to the cocoa bean! I love their cupcakes! You are so lucky to get the mini ones for your birthday! I love your diaper bag! You are going to be such a stylin mama!
Post a Comment