Monday, June 28, 2010

Pregnancy Cravings or Just Weird

I have felt this urge of creativity with food after watching Cupcake Wars on the Food Network. While hungry one night I thought to myself... hmmm how can I make my quesadillas better? I looked in our pantry and remembered we have a bag of Doritos Salsa Verde. I instantly yelled to Gian, "Don't you think these chips would be good inside a quesadilla?" He looked at me with a weird stink eye and said, "No, I definitely think that is a pregnancy thing!" I then again plead my case of why I think it is an ingenious idea. "But you have your melty cheese, your crispy chip, and your soft fresh tortilla. IT IS BRILLIANT!!!"

The conversation ended quiet abruptly because Gian thought it was the hormones talking. To solve this problem I come to you of course. What do you think... weird or good? I need to know the truth and nothing but the truth. Be brutal if you must... I CAN HANDLE IT!!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely a good idea. I love adding chips to sandwiches too because it adds a bit of crunch and good flavor. Now, if you would've tried to add like salt and vinegar chips? Not so good.
And Brad said "maybe."

Dear Gian,
Stop giving your wife the stink eye.
Love,
Horito

Josh and Tiff said...

It actually doesn't sound half bad, though I'm not a huge fan of Dorito's. This little craving is nothing compared to those women you hear about who crave laundry detergent or dirt.

Unknown said...

not bad. It would probably be good. Putting cheese on doritos is good, why not with a tortilla. You're a genius McKinley!

Brittany said...

ha ha it sounds good to me, but really can you trust my hormonal cravings right now anyway?

sarah said...

Totally NOT the hormones Kin. My grandma always fed us sandwiches with chips in them to make them crunchy, I assume the same goes for quesadillas :)

You're too cute pregnant!

BrittWilk said...

It just all depends on how refined your palate is. I think you have the more refined of you two. :) Chips and cheese are good in anything!

Unknown said...

haha...refined nothin'...just so everyone knows...I finally made McKinley her quesadilla with Doritos...she loved it...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...