I would like to thank everyone who joined our game of when our baby would be born. It was really fun to see everyone's guess, which by they way, I am so thankful I am no longer pregnant {for those who guessed passed my due date}. The winner of the contest is Brittany. Good job Britt! Way to be the baby whisperer. You have won a gift certificate to the delicious Great Harvest!
The birth story really isn't anything phenomenal. I got my hair did that day, so my wildest dream of having good looking hair during labor came true. That is probably the highlight of this whole story.
I will sum it up for you, since again, there is nothing special to write about. I started having contractions while I was getting my hair done, but didn't start counting them until 9pm at night. It was midnight and we headed out to the hospital. I got my epidural, and then they broke my water about an hour after that. The nurses came to check on me around 5:30am and said it was time. I started pushing at 5:51 and only pushed 4x and BAMM, the baby was here at 6:02am.
See I told you there was nothing special to write about. Except for the part of how much I freaking loved my epidural!!! All that fear I had around the labor and deliver was all over rated. I scared myself half to death, for no reason. The IV they put in my hand hurt much more then the contractions or epidural. I can honestly say I loved my labor and delivery. Contractions really didn't hurt, I wasn't even sure if I was having them. It was the best thing out of my whole pregnancy. Recovery was more annoying then labor. Doctor Ollerton is such a good doctor. I felt like I was in such good hands. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a doctor. It was just such a good experience. I told Dr. O that I might not be able to have babies anywhere else!! Plus the whole staff at American Fork Hospital was amazing. I loved my nurse, and all the other nursers who helped us in the nursery were great too! Also their food was pretty bomb for hospital food. I got a menu to choose any items I wanted and could order as much as I wanted, and man I loaded up!!
The most wonderful part about the birth was it rained the day Ekemona was born. Which in the Filipino culture is good luck! When my sister Brittany and her family came to visit us in the hospital, Brittany pointed out that there was a double rainbow that she could see from our window. It was beautiful. I liked that it meant more to my sister Brittany than anything.
Ohh and in case you were wondering Ekemona is Edmond in Hawaiian, that is after my dad.
Now that we have been home for a couple of weeks I feel like things are starting to get into a routine. He wakes up about the same time every night. My wonderful, delightful, dearest, bestest mother has been here to help. I don't know where I would be with out her. She has been sooooooooooo amazing. THANK YOU MOM!!! You truly are the best mother in the whole wide world! Plus Ekemona loves having my mom, Koko, around. Every time she leaves out the front door he wakes up and cries. What are we ever going to do when Koko leaves? I might cry!
Gian hit the ground running after we left the hospital. He is preparing to take the LSAT in December, going to school full time, plus working 20-24 hours a week. He still manages to find time to spend with us as a family when he comes home. He is such a great dad and I love seeing him spend time with his son. I don't know if it is hormones, or this burst of love that you feel once you have your baby, but I have never loved Gian more. There is something really beautiful about the family unit, and I am so happy that this is my little family!!
So, who do you think Ekemona looks more like? Gian or me? Hahhahahah I know, sorta obvious... But really tell me what you think. I personally think the only thing Ekemona has from me is my forehead, nailbed, and ears hahahaha. I'm not even kidding. Those three things are the only thing I can see. I am glad that I think he looks like his daddy because Gian is so handsome. All our boys need to look like him. Why would a boy want to look like his mom anyways?!? Ahahaha.
Here are some photos of us at the hospital and of all the people who came to visit us. Thank you guys for taking time to come and meet our baby boy Eke and for all the fun little gifts you brought as well! {The other people who came to visit that I somehow forgot to get photos of are: my mom's sister Aunt Sue, my dad, and my sister Kachina. I also didn't get a photo of my doctor who delivered Ekemona, Ryan Ollerton, who is my cousin. How did I make such a terrible mistake? }
39Weeks and 4Days on the way to the hospital

Can you believe all that hair?
First time holding him
My mom and Gian
First time Dad holding his little boy
I love my mom's face in this
Here is the double rainbow... if you can see the second one, its to the left.
My sister McCall, Ryan, and Callum Brown
My sister Brittany and Michael Ericksen
Mike and Maralea Royal
Maralea and David Royal
Kelli (Royal) and Jason Golightly
Megan and Brian Bollard
Jessie Jensen, she is the one who set me and Gian up and is one of my truest bestest friends
(Gian calls her "The Reason")
Koko... isn't my mother beautiful!!!
Whitney and Brad Royal





8 comments:
I'm so glad his birth went so well for you! He is so dang cute! I can't wait to meet your little guy!!
Geez your birth seemed like a cinch! I am glad for you! He obviously looks a lot like Gian, but I can see your features in him! He is adorable. I want to come see you...but really want to see him!
I am so jealous of 10 minutes of pushing! I pushed for three hours, which was not awesome.
He is so cute! Glad everything was smooth!
i love the look on Gian's face in the one of just the two of them... it's totally "holy crap that's my kid". so cute. i'm glad birth was so great and easy! yahoo for the epidural! :)
This is so precious. I honestly almost cried at the picture of Daddy holding his little boy. You also look amazing for just having given birth, I looked like a sweet mess!
McKinley! It sounds like your labor went so well! I'm sure every woman wishes it was that easy. Great job girl! I am so happy for you!
Just going through your blog again...
Can I just say, your first picture of you at your most pregnantness...your smile looks so fake. Haha, I didn't notice before, but now that I have had my baby, I can see that look in your eyes...the "get this baby out of my body so I can breath and function normally again." Oh man, that last little bit is rough-stuff!! They are so much more fun on the outside than in!
Post a Comment