Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Call Me Scrooge

I have zero desire to:
*Decorate anything Christmas*
*Create anything Christmas*
*Talk about anything Christmas*
*Smell anything Christmas*
*Bake anything Christmas*
*Post anything about Christmas*
*or Feel anything Christmas {I don't even know what that means}*

I blame it all on:
*Lack of organization*
*Back pain*
*Exhaustion*
*and Feeling overwhelmed*

Call me scrooge... I am not in the spirit and nor will I get into the spirit. AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!! May I mention this is not me, this is one of my most favoritist holidays EVER. I think darkness has come over me. My heart is 3x too small this seasonal season. If you don't believe me then click here {and scroll down a bit} to see how wonderful last year's holidays were. Sorry Gian and Eke... I am Mr. Grinch!!! I am robbing you of cherished memories and ambiance.

OK here is my solution for this terrible predicament. I will just welcome myself over to those who have set the holiday scene. Maybe force you to make me some holiday foods. I then will take pictures and maybe blog about it (if I feel inspired to do so) and it will lift my spirits because I can still enjoy it with out doing all the work this year. Don't call me lazy!!!

I am so glad that you are ok with this plan of mine. If you find me at your door step, don't say I didn't warn you!!!! It's called service for a reason... you're not supposed to love it, you're supposed to feel good because IIIII love it!!! DUHHH!

Merry Christmas and a Baaaaaaaaah Humbug to you!!

6 comments:

Janssen said...

HA! I love it. I say if you're off the hook this year with a brand new baby.

Unknown said...

Options:
a: come over to my house.
b: I'll come over to your house and decorate for you. And bring Tim Tams and hot chocolate. ;)

Diana Smith said...

Don't even worry girl! Its hard to want to do anything when you haven't had consistent sleep in months! I totally understand where you are coming from!

Lindsay said...

I feel ya! I was the same way last year with a new baby! There will be many other years! It gets especially fun when the kids get older!

Courtney said...

I totally feel your pain! Everyone at work is giving me the hardest time for not wanting to listen to Christmas music. Please come back.

sarah said...

I was the exact same way last year! New baby meant Mr. Grinch for me too. I got the tree up and decorated because I felt like I HAD too. It will pass, next year you will be back to your old self :) Enjoy that baby this Christmas, next year he will be walking and talking and he will really enjoy all your Christmas traditions!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...