Friday, June 22, 2012

...and I am Back {from the Dead}!!

First of all, I want to thank all you wonderful people for your wonderful comments about our move and about me taking a break from writing. I feel so lucky to have such great people in our lives. Also, please note that I may be bipolar with my posting and ability to blog until I am more stable and fully moved in.

In the last several weeks a lot has gone on. We made plans, then changed them, then made them again, then postponed them, then attempted again to plan some more... all have failed. Ekemona and I have been here in Idaho with my sister Brittany and her beautiful family. Let me tell you it has been so much flipping fun!! Gian has been working hard in his first class of law school and loves every second of it {I think he is crazy... you couldn't make me like school if you gave me a million dollars}. Eke and I left Utah on May 24th and Gian left Utah on June 9th... weird I know!! That's just what happened to work out the best for us.

We haven't seen Gian in four weeks. It freaking sucks!!! We miss him terribly and whenever I see Eke do FaceTime with his dad I cry. The way he perks up to see his dad's face and the way he smiles when Gian talks to him just melts and breaks my heart all at the same time. I didn't even think that was possible, but luckily we have some awesome people here to keep our spirits up and Gian has our friends and school to keep the time moving fast for him. We are hoping that in just three more weeks we will be reunited!!! PS Being separated from your spouse for such long amount of time is not recommended... EVER!!! This is the second time we have done it and I would love to promise we will never do it again!!!

While here in Idaho we have done so many fun things I had to blog today to share all of this joy and excitement with you. I wish all of you were here to witness the joy of cousinhood!! These kids are so cute together! I can't get over how much Ekemona loves to have them around all the time. Orange County is going to be so boring to him after this! Now partake of these wonderful pictures and try to soak in all the joy and laughter!


Playing in the front yard with the worlds greatest toys!

My horrible attempt of doing Lily's hair. Don't worry I fixed it! 
It wasn't my greatest masterpiece.

Going to the park. As you can imagine, the kids love this. Somehow all the seagulls
in the world migrated here to eat their lunches... and E got pooped on ahahha.
They say it means good luck and I believe it with the kind of week we've had!

We go to the park nearly every day because the kids get free lunches.
It is the perfect summer treat!

He loves to be Superman on the swings!

The Cocoa Bean... heaven in your mouth!!! They have now made their
cupcakes into ice cream, SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!! PS Eke went around 
giving kisses and hugs to every girl he saw... heaven help me when he hits puberty!

Picture time with this silly man!

Goodbye diaper bag... hello "pack pack" and yes I still carry it around most the time,
but it's so much smaller and lighter!

They love to sit around and watch movies in their "pajamies"

Mouths gapping open for Super Why.

Gold Nails!!! Diana from Livy Love Designs sent me this for my birthday
and I freaking love it!!

This is what he did when he discover the flag my mom bought for Memorial Day.

My Grammy moved here in the beginning of May all the way from Maui to 
be closer to family. We are all so happy about it and see her every day. I think she is the 
only Jewish woman in all of Idaho!

Darling Ella had a dance recital that we all went too!

Summer time and the livin's easy!!! Jumping on the tramp with the big boys! 

My niece, Ella, who is 6 years old, made me this drawing after discovering how close 
to Disneyland we will be living. It says, "McKinley is back at work Disneyland," and I'm
in front of the castle giving children my autograph! I cried a little!


Ella drew me another picture of Ekemona, me, and Gian in front of our new house.
It says "Fleamalee" hahahah!! I love it! Can I tell you how much I love the fact that me
and Eke are redheads and Gian has darker skin then me! ahhaha

Huntsman came to snuggle with me and this is how he fell asleep!

Koko loves to play the piano and Eke loved to join her.

Ella and Eke were outside playing. When I came to check on him this is what I saw...
E sitting on the hill sipping his milk and enjoying the beauty of the world! haha


Making Daddy his Father's Day present... got a little bit of fabric
paint on his mouth... and everywhere else! 

The gift was a t-shirt that that looked like this. "Tatay" is dad in Tagalog.

Ella lost her wiggly loose tooth!

Trying to wake up my sleepy head at 11am!! 
Nope, not a nap, but from when he went to bed at 8pm.

Eating a roasted mallow from the fire pit!

Trying out new ways to watch TV

Uncle Mikey gave him some ink via Papa Murphy's hahaha.

4 comments:

Emily said...

He is so cute!!! I just want to kiss him! My little Emma is a hit with the boys at church. She has already been kissed by three of them and my brother tells me the funniest stories from nursey and one of the boys. He kept giving Emma a hug, and at first she was okay with one hug, but then he kept giving her more and more hugs. She finally pushed him away and ran to her Uncle John for comfort! haha :) I am sure the Moms of the girls thinks it is cute!

Hope Wiltfong said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos! Yes, separations can be difficult, but they can also be strengthening. With my husband being in the Army for 20 years, we had more than a little time apart (in fact, he just got back from a year in Iraq this last November!), but if you face it as a temporary but necessary time, it can end up being very positive. Best of luck!

Unknown said...

It looks like you're having a great summer. I hope you're in Cali in 3 weeks. I'll be there July 15-20. Keep me updated, and good luck making all those decisions :)

Tiffany said...

I would go crazy if I had to be separated from Matt for that long. Hang in there! I'm glad you are enjoying your time with your family though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...