The truth is... I originally started this blog because I thought that is what every Mormon newlywed did, and I know that you can print out your blog into books. I dreamt that one day I would do this and have them archived and manifest as a form of my journaling with fun pictures and captions. Then as time moved on, we had a child and Gian was/is in school and I became a stay-at-home mother. So I thought, why not get paid for what I am already doing... why not work towards getting a lot of readers to the point where I will have sponsors... then I can make money while I am at home and support my husband through school. It seemed like a great idea. I became inspired and I felt like my blog had a purpose. I wanted to focus on my learning disability and my sense of humor, but once I wrote all the things I felt inspired to, the desire to become a "famous blogger" diminished. Then I discovered, "Ohhh, I wrote what I was supposed to!!" and from that time on I decided to take a different direction, but still clung to the "traditions" I had on the blog.
Over the last several months I have not had the desire to do anything blog related. I didn't want to write, I didn't think about writing, I didn't look at peoples blogs anymore. Blogging in whole became so time consuming that I literally shut my computer and let it collect dust. I use my phone as the source to the great big World Wide Web. I will add in that for the last three months my morning sickness took hold of my life, and left me even more uninspired. It is a rare occasion when I open my computer for a whole lot of things these days. My phone limits my ability to waste endless amount of time and it feels nice to have those natural restraints.
So now what?!? I plan to write with one purpose and one purpose only... and that is what drove me to a blog in the first place; to one day print out a book that my children, and grandchildren, and my great grandchildren can read around the coffee table to learn about the family they came from. If this blog seems endless, boring and pointless to you... then that's okay!!! I have given up the purpose of blogging for money and will now focus on what makes me truly happy... creative writing! If I don't come around your blog anymore it is because my of interest in blogs really has become extinct and I will rely mostly on Instagram and Facebook to deliver me the awesome news in your life.





4 comments:
McKinley, you write when you feel like it, and don't feel guilty when you don't - especially as you are going through a pregnancy and your husband is at school! Writing helps me feel less overwhelmed, so use it as you need it and don't feel you need to apologize to us or your future posterity. You are dealing with a lot, I am certain, and although we love it when you share, you keep yourself and your little family intact and worry about this blog only as it helps you. Love you!
Dude, my friend once told me the most amazing concept - The internet exists for me. So I never feel obligated to it (or blogging), but if I want it to be there for me, it is and I can do whatever I want.
So this summer... all I wanted to do was instagram and not post, so all I did was instagram and not post. So Hallelujah that we're not paid bloggers (although the $$ would be nice, just sayin') because we can CHOOSE not to blog if we don't feel like it!
With that said, I do like seeing what people are up to via whatever social media outlet...
A-MEN, sista!
I am pretty much done with "traditional" blogging. I realized about six months ago that I'd rather spend my time working on my artwork and my webcomic, so I have mixed my blogging in there.
I'm also sick of the facade that a lot of people have as bloggers. I'm grateful that you were always so genuine. <3
Good luck, friend!
Post a Comment