I don't remember the last time we had Viral Friday, so I'll do a summer recap for us...since summer is long gone...
First, I would like to thank Carly Rae Jepsen for "Call Me Maybe." It gave inspiration to tons of people to make lots of memes about your lyrics, and also inspired tons of dudes to pass out business cards, with your lyrics on it, to random bettys that would, later on that night, tell us through social media how they got hit on that day. Awesome. I called it at the beginning of the summer...Carly Rae Jepsen - "Call Me Maybe"...theme song of Summer 2012.
Don't deny that every time you heard this song on the radio this summer that you got pumped up a little bit. Seriously though. I did. I love that she is like 38...well, I think she's actually somewhere around 28...and sings a song that 16-year-olds sing.
There a good chance you've already seen this video...or a parody of it. This exploded sometime over the second half of the summer. Gotta love k-pop.
So, Psy ain't no Jay Park...but this is freaking awesome. Seriously...a horsey dance? Yeah... There are just too many great things about this video to discuss.
Let's preface this next video by mentioning how we currently live in Southern California. If you've lived here, or at least driven around, you know how ridiculous driving gets. There are a ton of freeways and it really is like an art-form knowing how to navigate your way around. Even with the plethora of freeways, it's almost beautiful how they all interconnect and how it just flows...so nicely...well...when there isn't traffic. Everybody knows a particular way from point A to point B, everybody knows how crazy traffic gets during certain hours of the day, and everybody has a "special" spot to park wherever they go. So a couple weeks ago we had family in town for an event. My sister-in-law/McKinley's sister, Brittany, was listening to her husband/my brother-in-law, get/discuss directions from the LA County Fair to Mike's parents' house. The following SNL skit pretty accurately illustrates the conversation she heard...which is how a lot of conversations are down here.
Hilarious. I love how everything is centered around driving and traffic. I like to believe that they were all laughing so hard b/c they know themselves how true it all is. Ridiculous.
This next video is just great. Toy Story short. Classic.
Partysaurus Rex on Disney Video
Party-saurus Rex! I love the LMFAO-Party Rock-esque music. I think my favorite lines were, "Squeak to me!"...and, "WHAT UP FISHES!!!!" Haha...Peace out...
Happy Viral Friday...
Friday, October 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love the Californians! It is so funny because it is so true! I cannot be in Southern California without hearing conversations like this on a daily basis and I cannot keep from laughing every time!!!
Are you serious- Carlie Rae is seriously 28? I had no idea, that is so funny!
Post a Comment