Friday, May 31, 2013

The Adjustment

Now that we have 9.5 weeks {of newborn twins} under our belts, things seem to be getting back to normal. Don't get me wrong.... I never leave the house hahahahaha. I don't have much motivation for that especially because it takes me a good hour to wrestle up my little herd of Haolepinos. So to run an errand or do something that takes less then an hour makes me feel useless, especially because once I have landed to my destination it takes a good 15 minutes to unload and load the car back up, and usually at that point someone needs to eat ahahha.



Minus all the hard work of leaving the house, adjusting has been a lot better then I ever could have predicted it to be. I am not sure if this is a premie thing or a twin thing or what, but for the first 4 weeks of these Haolepina's lives we had to wake them up to feed them. They never told us when they were hungry, so we had to rely on the clock. We had to set the alarm for every three hours to ensure we never slept through a feeding. As they were discharged from NICU, those were their instructions and since Ekemona was a bottomless pit {as a newborn} and ate every 90 minutes, I am not entirely sure the cause of that. I know that whatever the reason it has kept me sane and I am ever so grateful for it... and I know someone, somewhere, loves me truly because of it. But don't you worry, they are now practicing their vocal cords frequently and they sound EXACTLY the same... who would have thought?!? Hahah



Ekemona has done pretty well with having TWO new sisters. I will admit I wasn't the best at introducing him to the girls. He had a horrible cold and I shuttered at the thought of him getting closer than five feet of them, but once I felt the girls were a little stronger and Eke's cold was no longer present, we let him snuggle and get close. It wasn't until the girls were about 6 weeks old when he started to acted out. I think at that point he realized they weren't going anywhere and they were pretty legit! Luckily that phase is over {thank heavens} and now life really seems to be jumping right back into place. However, I will add that I had a girlfriend take Eke for a few hours a day throughout the week, for a few weeks, to play with her son. That was so enjoyable because I was able to enjoy my newborns and snuggle and bathe them and not have to worry about a toddler needing constant stimulation and entertainment. He was able to have a social day with a cute little buddy of his and he would be more happy there than with us hahahaha. That was a true life saver.



Gian has been such a tremendous help!!! I had postpartum depression after Ekemona was born and I believe it was all credited to lack of sleep. I expressed that fear to Gian and he has been so supportive in making sure I've slept... a lot!! Especially after having a C-Section, I can't even tell you how important it was to sleep and let my body heal, and because my husband is the shiz, I haven't had any postpartum depression this time around. He even managed to help me throughout his weeks of finals! His load was heavy, but he found so much joy succeed in all his endeavors. Because of who he is I have fallen even more in love with Gian, I didn't even know that was possible.

As far as being able to telling the twins apart.... not pros on that yet! ahahah They are so identical it's crazy! Their bellybuttons are exactly the same {which, by the way, did you know that bellybuttons are hereditary}, their whirly spots in their hair are the EXACT SAME.... even the details of their ears are pretty similar. The only thing that really separates them from each other is their face shape. Rose's face is more full and round and Snow's is more narrow.... but then they grow and then that seems to change. So if you don't have one to compare to the next then you have NO CLUE! Gian and I still mix them up more often then we would like, but we just laugh!! We have painted their toes to help keep things consistent ahah. Being a mom to twins really is as special as I had always dreamed it to be! I am pretty sure this is what heaven is like, the pure bliss of parenthood!




{Rose's face is on the left and Snow's face is on the right}






2 comments:

AmbertheGreat said...

love your pictures and update, I am glad that you are surviving. I know exactly what you mean about not leaving the house, my baby is almost 6 weeks and by the time we get into the van I feel like just unloading everyone.

your girls are beautiful! Big brother looks so grown up!

RobAar said...

This is the first time I've stopped by since C was born. It's so fun to hear little details about the girls, z's reaction, Gian's priceless assistance and how life has been since they've been home. You are so positive and I'm impressed with your ability to roll with the punches.

Their newborn photos are great. I love that you took them at two and four weeks. What a huge difference! They changed so much so quickly. The are beautiful...just like their mom ( with a lot of Filipino flavor!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...