Several weeks ago, Gian and I were planning on a date to bless the twins. We knew we wanted it to be sometime in June, but we weren't sure what dates would work best. We chose June 16th, told our family, and the date ended up working great for all of them as well. Later on I realized it was the same day as Father's Day and I became super excited thinking about how special this be for Gian and shocked at how it was unconsciously planned around that date.
Unlike Ekemona's blessing, I could hear and enjoy the girls' blessings. I am amazed at how similar their blessings were and how emotional Gian and I got. The whole sacrament meeting was beautiful. Primary got up and did a musical number for the dads, and all Young Women gave talks and also did a musical number of their 2013 theme song "Stand in Holy Places." It's such a beautiful and powerful song and those girls have such beautiful voices. They set such a wonderful spirit and feeling for the whole meeting. It really was a perfect day!
I started making the twins gowns three days before I was admitted to the hospital. I honestly thought there were days it might not get done... but their bonnet and gowns made it through!! I must say silk taffeta is hands down my favorite fabric in all the world, and I love living so close to the Fashion District where these kind of fabrics are easily accessible and such good freaking prices. I was able to make both gowns for a pretty reasonable price. Plus I was even able to use some of the fabric from my wedding dress! I am utterly pleased for the way they turned out.
With TWO newborns, things get busy and take us a LOOOOONG time to get normal, basic things done. So I wasn't able to get pictures of all those who participated in the blessing or came to visit, but I got our family photos which is all that really matters anyways. Would you believe it if I told you that my sweet friend Jen took photos of all of us and the twins? She is amazing!! I'm so thankful for her because Jen has captured our maternity, newborn, and blessing photos. WOW!!! She is my personal little angel!! So go to her shop and buy everything that makes you smile!!! Let her know I sent you, so she knows that she is loved!!
Enjoy the pictures!!
This was us trying to call Ekemona over for pictures... ahahha it makes me laugh!! Apparently kissing noises/faces is what attracts our son to us! I won't complain about that, he loves to love!
His Father's Day dream came true!! All kids in one photo!
When I put the bonnets on the twins the first time, Gian told me, "Now I know what Asians would look like if they crossed the plains...Asian Pilgrims"...
Love to see him with our children.
Rose was starting to get over it all {over stimulated I am sure} and Gian's face is priceless!
My parents.
My mom, sisters, and niece.
The world's cutest boy working it like it 'aint no thang.
They were blessed in their headbands.
My little Rosebud
Her lips kill me.
I keep thinking "happiest day of my life" then something else comes along and tops it... a day like this!
Details of their gowns and outfit with my lack of photography skills and basic point and shoot.
Rhinestone buttons and the most divine satan ribbon ever created!
The ruffled hem of the gowns and the rosettes were made from the fabric of my wedding dress.
Because two of everything still makes me choke up...
























6 comments:
Skillz!!! And that photo of gian with all the kids is the best ever. Love eke's pose!!
their gowns are beautiful! great job mama! And you look so great!
Omg... Love these photos! The girls are getting cuter by the day! :)
Oh my goodness, the dresses are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Your family looks beautiful too! Congratulations!
AMAZING!!!! you are truly amazing. those blessing gowns are gorgeous, wish you were close so you could make me one (not that you have time!!! hahaha) your girls are beautiful and I love all the pictures!
I don't know how i missed this blog post! The dresses you made for your girls are absolutely stunning! What a beautiful family you have! i can't believe you have TWINS!
Post a Comment