Saturday, July 4, 2009

...Then Comes Marriage...

...So I gave him the word. We told our parents that we want to get married. Gian pulled off a lot of secrets that I had no idea about.

Just a few days after our big talk, Gian flew to San Diego where my dad was for a business trip to meet him for lunch. He left Salt Lake City in the morning and arrived in San Diego just in time for my dad's lunch break. Gian, my Dad, and sister Kachina all grabbed lunch for a total of 60+ minutes, so that Gian could turn back around and catch his flight back to Salt Lake City so he could get back to work on time. It was really neat that he was able to meet my sister and fly all the way to San Diego, just to ask my dad for my hand in marriage. He truly is amazing!!!

Many weeks go by since our "love convo" and every single day I thought "this is the day... he's going to propose." How wrong I was... I waited 5-6 weeks before he could pop the big question!

One Sunday afternoon Gian asked me if I could help out his friend. His friend Jacob works for BYU by giving tours around campus, and Jacob needed help practicing his tours, before all the students start coming. So I agreed to attend his mock tour along with 6 other friends. I thought I would enjoy this since I have never attended BYU. So we all met outside the Hinckley Building (which I cant remember what the building is used for... sorry), to meet Jacob and his girlfriend. He picked us up in an 8 seater golf cart. We all piled in and started our tour. Along the way we see this really pretty deer (which happened to be one of my favorite parts) and Jacob explained what each building is used for and what kind of majors would attend each building... he did a very good job!

We get to the tallest building in Provo which is 12 stories and is called the SWKT building. There was a lot of symbolism about the building and it was really neat to hear all the details of the building. Jacob announces that we get to go up to the roof, but because I have A.D.D. I was talking to Jessie the whoooooole time I missed that tiny detail. We hop in to the elevator to go up 11 floors. We exit because you have to take the stairs to the roof. We get to the stairwell and Jacob says "ladies first" no one was moving as I thought I would lead the way. At the top of the stairs we waited for Jacob because he had the magical secret access key. Jacob opened the door, and I saw Gian standing on the roof with flowers everywhere. It caught me off guard and I just sat there and kind of laughed for a second.... Jacob literally shoved me out of the door way saying "and this is the 12th floor..." then shut the door behind me. I still just sat there, until Gian asked me to walk towards him. I have no idea why I was so handicapped.

I walk towards Gian, and he then held my hands. He gave a very romantic, tear worthy speech and then got down on one knee. He opens the box, and it is the very first ring I tried on and fell in love with. We all know what my answer was despite the gorgeous ring of my dreams... so we go running over to where all our friends were waiting for us in the stairway. I stick my hand through the door to announce it was official! They all screamed with excitement and we all stayed up on the roof for some time hanging out, taking pictures, having fun.... watching Sarah Lacey think she fell through the roof!!! It was so much fun.

We are getting married in the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on September 19, 2009 and an amazing reception will follow immediately after at La Caille in Sandy, Utah. The reception will end at 3 PM and all of our good friends are invited to attend some more celebration up in Park City after, so we can spend time with those who are traveling out of town, or want to spend some more time with the newly weds.

It really is so amazing, and I couldn't be any happier!












For details of our future see next blog "Then Comes a Baby in a Baby Carriage"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...