Monday, December 21, 2009

Temple Square

Gian has never ever in is entire life gone to Temple Square during the most glorious festival of lights A.K.A Christmas lights. I was shocked.... he has spent so many years in Utah during this frigid cold season. How has he missed all the fun friend trips. Then it dawned on me.... that's because he had never had a friend like me to show him the correct duties of Christmas traditions!!!!

So I declared that we were going to go before Christmas and that he would see what all the fuss was about. I didn't have to twist his arm, we was excited to have the love of his life linked to his arm to share a memory that would be unforgettable. ahahhaha haha hahahaha hahahahah I am just kidding I made that last part up. The truth is Gian really wanted to go and he was going to go with or with out me!!!

Even though it was about 20 degrees that night, and it looks like we dressed warm...we did not!!! We were so cold that we literally ran through. I cant say I remember much more then running and pointing, saying, "Look isn't it magical", "How long did this take?", "Look at those details", "Awe baby Jesus is precious." It was such a fast walk by, that by the time we got back to the car, it was still warm. So I am sorry there are not a million pictures, but you would run too!!!


Seriously, how long did it take to make all the trees look this wonderful? I can tell you they started in September...Gian and I saw them during our wedding, doing the trees right behind us.

This was on the refection pool in front of the Salt Lake Temple, they have these bubble lights that pop up out of the water. Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus in the center, and to the sides on the grass are white statues of the wise man, animals, and shepherd boy. This was hands down my favorite nativity of all time! It was very peaceful and spiritual.

This was another nativity scene that had music to go along with it. It was beautiful! I am so thankful for our Savior who has a wonderful season where we can focus on him and all the gifts and blessing he has given us!

4 comments:

Abbie Ollerton said...

I have been looking everywhere for the song that played at your wedding. Could you email me who sings "Last First Kiss"? I think that was the name. It was so cute and I have been trying to find it ever since! If you aren't sure who it is, no worries! I hope all is well with the newlyweds! Happy New Year! abbieollerton@gmail.com

R+M said...

dang i never saw this post somehow. cute! gian looks freezing in that picture. hahahahh. your posts are hilarious by the way.

Brittany said...

This looks like a lot of fun! you guys are so cute for decorating so much as a little married couple!

Unknown said...

At least you guys made it to the lights! We felt the cold and were like... "we see the conference center lights, and they're probably the same; oh look there's the temple; good? let's go."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...