With that said, I feel very lucky and thankful to have Gian in my life. He is a wonderful husband and is always so thoughtful. He planned all of Valentine's Day and it was one of the best date nights we have had. He came home with this amazing arrangement of flowers. I have never seen such a pretty arrangement. He also brought home NINE [that is right you read the number 9] cupcakes from The Cocoa Bean. I once mentioned to him that I wanted to try every flavor, so he brought home one of each from that day!
He also made dinner reservations at a restaurant called Chef's Table. Neither one of us have ever been there, but word on the streets is that it is a must eat here in Utah. It has won several awards. Of course nothing matters until we have voted or given our two cents. But it was as good as its reputation. They have great service as well. I felt all fancy shmancy there.
After dinner we went to Build a Bear. There we made and stuffed Penelope. She is our little owl. I don't know why we named her that - it was the first name that came to mind. But if you press her heart you can feel her pulse, and she says, "OWL always love you." Last Valentine's day I got Jessie this bag that had two really cute owls that had the same saying. I thought it was hilarious and brilliant. Since Penelope was a girl we needed to make it clear to every one, so we stapled a bow to her head (Dear Stuff Animal Activist.... I am sure it didn't hurt!).
It was a great date night. Thank you Gian for always being so thoughtful and considerate! I freaking love your guts!





6 comments:
Those cupcakes look AH-MAZ-ZING. I wish we had a great cupcake place here in Greenville! Good job Gian :)
Wow McKinley, your husband is so sweet! I'm very impressed. And those cupcakes look amazing!
thats really cute kin! what a great hubby. Gian does good! I just HEART v-day!
Oh and ps what's your favorite cupcake flavor?
At first I think my favorite is Madagascar Vanilla Vanilla, but then I start to think, well maybe it's Party in My Mouth, or Better than Sex. I don't know, it seems like you've tried some that I've never even heard of, some that I didn't even know existed.
What a cute V-day! And I know you ate all 9 of those cupcakes cause thats how you roll! Love those yummy cupcakes by the way, they are amazing!!! Tell Gian he did a good job, your sister approves (I know he needs to hear that)!
K. Now I'm just reading your blog and I am laughing because Josh also has that darling owl. He uniquely named it Hedwig. :) Hedwig says good night to Josh from all of us (we recorded our voices). Right now he is dressed in a Darth Vadar costume with light saber and all. Maybe Penelope can come over for a playdate sometime. (BTW - the is Bethany Creer - your cousin)
Post a Comment