A while ago I was up in Idaho visiting my sister Brittany and my Mom. Ella has totally gotten into this Native American Princess thing. She loves to watch Peter Pan, and out of all the characters her favorite is Tiger Lily. She would have Koko (my mom) and her play Tiger Lily all day long by dressing up just like the movie. She had a dress and purse/pouch, and she would put her hair in fish tail braids, necklace, and even a headpiece with feathers. The best part is she said to Koko, "Will you paint my skin to red?" I died laughing, and my mom said sure, she whipped out her bronzer and with just a few strokes gave Ella a deep dark tan.
My mom and I left Idaho, and when we came back we both had new ideas of how we were going to play with Ella. I brought my Disney's Pocahontas DVD for her to watch... which she did 4 times, and Koko brought a billion more things. She found fabric to make a Teepee and dress for Ella. With puffy paint, Ella, Koko, and I got to decorate symbols and signs inspired by a Native American history book that Koko brought. Koko was even talented enough to make a dress that looked just like Pocahontas. She just cut a panel and with some yarn, Koko and Brittany added fringe that really made the dress special. They then wrapped Ella so the fabric would drape just right, and pinned it with a safety pin to hold it in place. Koko also brought face paint. I asked Ella if she wanted an arm band like Pocahontas and she was so excited she said, "YEEEEEEEES, and a necklace toooooooo?" So that is just what she got!





3 comments:
Oh my gosh they are too cute! And very soon you will have a cute little one of your own...so exciting! You need to post pics of the nursery when you are done:)
What a cute and creative idea!
It is so fun to spoil nieces and nephews! You did a great job on the face painting. And I am soooo impressed with the dress. I just would've gone to the Disney store. How boring.
Post a Comment