The first weekend of August we decided to go Vegas for several reasons:
1.) Gian hasn't been home since August of '09
2.) David Royal came home from his mission in Peru and this was the Sunday he was talking in his home ward.
3.) Mike Royal had a surprise birthday party on Saturday.
4.) We really wanted to eat at Hash House A-Go-Go (not really the thing that made us go... but it was on our to-do list).
5.) Feed our addiction of gambling hahahahahha just kidding! However I still feel tempted to put a nickel in the slot machine... YES I WILL SAY IT!!! It is tempting with all those bright lights and sounds! How could you not want to pull that lever in chance of winning money back? It is quiet inviting huh? I think so!
It was a very short trip we got in late Friday night and left Sunday afternoon. Saturday we woke up, ate breakfast with Gian's parents, then went to Gian's Lola's (that is Grandma in Tagalog... and what he and his family call her) house. She is soooooooo sweet I love her! She really has this sweet countenance about her. Gian's sisters Michelle and Natalie were there too. It was nice to see them and be able to catch up.
After that we went to eat at Hash House A-Go-Go for lunch with Brad and Whitney ... you may have heard of it because it has been on The Food Network twice and The Travel Channel once. It was amazing! Their pancakes are 12" in diameter... HUGE. Some pizzas are that size. Everything they make is fabulous. Gian got this thing with chorizo, cheese, potato wedges, and fresh jalepinos, it was amazing. It was exactly what I have been craving this whole pregnancy. I got brown sugar banana pancakes...... ohhhhh it was magic in my mouth. It was like having divine pieces of heaven on my fork! I can't remember what Brad and Whitney got... but I know they loved it.
This is Whitney's... They gave her a giant biscuit with a rosemary branch stuck in it.
This was Gian's... I really want it every single day!
My delicious caramelized brown sugar banana pancake! Words cannot do it justice!
Brad got a pancake too. Not even Brad could pack that thing away.
Later that night we went to Mike Royals surprise party... where he actually surprised us. We were all on one side of the yard waiting for him to make his grand entrance and we would all yell, "SUUUUUUUUUUUURPRIZZZZZZZZZZZE!!" Instead, he came on the other side of the yard where all our backs were turned to him. We were all caught off guard when Jeff Flagg shouted out, "Ohh, HEY OVER HERE... SURPRISE!!!" It was amazing! The party was a Beatles theme, and there was a band, BBQ, pool, and volleyball. Lindsay Miranda made the cake... isn't she amazing? Seriously she has never even taken a class. Some people just make me sick with their amazing talents! Her fondant is to die for by the way! I wont tell you her secret... you will have to ask her! See the photos below to try and relive our fun!
Whitney, me, Lindsay, and her boy Hurley.
Looooook... Lindsay even made the faces of the Beatles! And there were bubbles!
Just for your liking... Gian's traditional funny face. I guess I have caught on. Please don't enlarge this image. Just enjoy if from afar!





3 comments:
I think Brad got like a huckleberry pancake...and I think Whitney got eggs w/ avocado or something...
Yum! That place sounds amazing and I really want to try the pancake you got and the thing Gian got. I will have to try that place the next we go to Vegas!
such sexy pics.
I got some kind of scramble... or something... farm eggs? egg hash? I don't know.
And I WISH brad's pancake were huckleberry but alas it was merely blackberry granola.
haha... my security work was wablicin... which reminds me of wabbernacky (or was it wabbernackle)... which mckinley used to name SOMETHING the other day...
Post a Comment