Wednesday, September 22, 2010

525,600 Minutes

Gian and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary together this last week. When I think of all the wonderful moments that I have gotten to share with Gian, it is hard to believe that the first year is already over. I wish that I captured more of the great moments. I didn't realize how fast they just pass you by, and how you don't even notice it until you look at the calendar.

I couldn't think of my life without Gian. He really is absolutely perfect to me. And best of all, even in the tough times that we have had, I love the way that we are still able to resolve our conflicts. When I think of how I envisioned my family, the kind of man I wanted to marry, Gian fills that image exactly. This life could not get any better and I feel blessed to have such a wonderful husband.

Looking back on our wedding day I found myself being very emotion thinking of how happy I was and how it was truly was one of the best days of my life. We recently got the rights to all the images from our great day. Take a look at our day... I know there are a lot, you don't have to care as much as I do ahahaha!

In case some of you don't know, I will give you a back ground of our wedding. We got married September 19, 2009 in the Salt Lake City Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. After our religious wedding ceremony, we got taken in a 1921 Rolls Royce to La Caille where we had a ring ceremony and a three course lunch. We got married on Rosh Hashanah which is the Jewish New Year. My Dad was Jewish and then joined the LDS church when he met my mom. He likes to call himself Morish ahahhaha. Anyways I wanted to be able to capture that side of his life, and since I thought it was very interesting that we happened to get married on the great holiday, I thought it would be appropriate to have the Hora (the chair dance). One of my best friends that I have known since we were 10, Elyse Cohen, her dad performed this ritual for us. It was hands down was one of the best parts. Check out Gian's dad's face... that picture is worth a thousand words. Our reception was done around 3pm, then Gian and I went to the hotel and relax and really got to enjoy "our day." I highly recommend doing that!

These are from our engagement session:







We think we are sooooooooo funny!

This was our bridal session:



















This is the day of our wedding:



































We had a photo booth and this was taken from the outside looking in.

To celebrate 525,600 minutes of our married life, we wanted to spend the night reminiscing of our favorite place in Utah, La Caille. If you have not been there before you have to go! Save up a month's worth of groceries and take your love or have your love take you, whichever you prefer. It is the best food in the whole wide world. It is a four course meal and everything is too delicious for someone to even comprehend unless you are there eating it. You have to make sure you can go sometime before sunset because the property is gorgeous and so whimsical. They have free range peacocks, chickens, roosters, ducks, swans, bunnies, and geese. Every single detail is amazing. Even if you don't go for dinner, just go to walk around. Even in the winter time it is a wonderland!

When Gian and I walk into the front door where we were greeted by the hostess. We saw Kim, who was our wedding coordinator. I couldn't tell if she recognized us or not until she ran out from behind the front desk to greet us with a hug. She continued to tell us that our meal was FREE!!! I was shocked, she explained that the brides and grooms who get married at La Caille get a complimentary first anniversary dinner. Gian and I were dumbfounded. We had no idea. I love La Caille. They have taken such good care of us and I feel like this place has even more of a special meaning to us now because of the relationship they have built with us.

Here is the night that we got to celebrate. I would have taken pictures of the food, but I felt embarrassed because it is such a high end restaurant. I thought it would be tacky, EXCEPT when they brought us our chocolate strawberries with a giant sparkler. I didn't feel bad about that because that was their way of helping celebrate with us, and I was so surprised because we already had our dessert so I assumed that was it. I had to document this beautiful display, plus I saw another table take a picture... so I couldn't be judged heavily!


The alter at night time.

The pond with some lights up.

Us very full after the best meal I think we have ever had



5 comments:

Unknown said...

a: I love looking at wedding pictures.
b: Gian, dropbox me the one of you with your groomsmen on Brad's back, please.
c: That should be La Caille's selling point for weddings... because that is the most AMAZING thing I've ever heard.

Janssen said...

Those are some gorgeous pictures! Happy Anniversary!

Lindsay said...

I LOVE your pictures! Where did you take them? They could all be in a bridal magazine! You guys are so great and I can't believe it's already been a year! Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

That's really awesome that you got your meal for free too!

Bethany said...

Congrats you two! What a special day that was. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. We just love you guys!! And.....que baby.

BrittWilk said...

i'm with everyone else. i love wedding pictures. i enlarged more than half of them. happy anniversary! and i'm officially blog stalking you now waiting for the appearance of that baby. there's only one thing i love more than wedding photos - babies. :) hehe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...