Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Love Being an Aunty

My niece Ella is 4 and half years old now. She is super cute and says the funniest things. Call me bias... that is totally fine, but you have to read the funniest things she has said.

It was Christmas time and she was about to be 3. We all went snowmobiling and Ella was left with Koko to bake cookies. I plop my self on the couch and said, "Ohh Ella I am pooped!!" She put her pudgy little hand on my thigh and with much compassion said, "You need to change your panties? That's ok, ACCIDENTS HAPPEN!!" We all started laughing soooooooooo hard. She looked at us with confusion. Especially because she understood exactly what it was like to have an accident in your panties ahahhahaha.

Another time I was baby sitting Ella and Hunter while Brittany was in the hospital with Lily. I was going to take the kids to the splash park, but I could tell they were tired and needed a nap. I could see Ella's eyes were drooping and she was desperately fighting her tiredness. I said, "Ella, you look tired why don't you try to take a nap?" Within a millisecond, she peeled back her eyelids to make her eyes as wide and as possible and yelled, "No, I don't! I don't look tiwed!!!" I still don't get why kids don't like to take naps.

Brittany and Ella were reminiscing about Cinderella and how they haven't seen it in a while. This time I wasn't with Ella, but this is the conversation that Brittany (my sister) and Ella had.
Brittany: We should watch Cinderella soon, huh?
Ella: Yay, we should, but you know what mama?
Brittany: What Ella?
Ella: The commewshal says, "It's better then you wemembew," and I watched it and it's not... it's exactly da same!

I love the way kids think. I wish they would still have that show Kids Say the Darnest Things.

1 comment:

Janssen said...

Aren't nieces and nephews the best?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...