I was originally going to make my costume from scratch.... but then realized I didn't have the matterials for making a pattern and then realized I haven't made a pattern since I was at FIDM in 2006, so when I pulled out my book I said, "Noooooooooooooooope, not happening," I then began to search for an 80's prom dress and came across this beauty....
She was 6-8 sizes too big, so I had to take her in. She was the perfect length, with the most perfect sleeves and I was in love. However, she has a keyhole in the back, which was absolutely glamorous, but it did not meet my standards of modesty, so I added fabric to the back. I know, lame huh, but I had to take in the key hole anyways because it was too big through the shoulders, so it naturally changed the beauty of the keyhole and it was no longer as beautiful as it used to be. Pretty dang good transformation huh!!!
Here is what made it blah to taaaaaaaaaaadaaah...
1). The crown is made from an oat meal container {tutorial... click here}
2). Earrings are small glass Christmas ornaments that were dipped in paint. I reincarnated an old pair of earrings by taking off the clasps and adding them to the ornament to hang from my ears.
3). The turquoise on the dress was also a Christmas ornament, however, this one is a clear plastic one made for crafts and was already in half. I wrapped a metallic rope trim around it {the same trim as on the crown}. FYI, the paint I used was my friend Kelli. It was paint from here salon, so that is all the information I can give you. It was wall paint - I do think acrylic would do the job. Oil paint leaves too many streak marks, so I wouldn't recommend that.
4). For the fullness of the dress, I used my slip from my wedding dress.
5). There are pick ups in the skirt to give the scallop design.
1). The bow was really easy. I sewed two rectangular pieces of fabric together, just like a pillow case, then turned it right side out and in the center I hand threaded a few stitches to bring in the center of the bow to make the "knot". I then hot glued a strip of the same fabric in the center to hide the stitching and to continue the knot look.
What shoes does a princess wear you ask.... well Steve Madden sparkly flats of course.
Hands down my favorite pair in my closet right now!
What shoes does a princess wear you ask.... well Steve Madden sparkly flats of course.
Hands down my favorite pair in my closet right now!
Viola!!! An easy and cheap way to make your Princes Peach accessories, or you can do it for anything else you want.
In case you were wondering where to buy the Yoshi hat, this is where I got Ekemona's. PS we are totally using it as his winter hat so we can get multiple uses out of it... half the reason we even did this whole Halloween theme ahahhaha!








5 comments:
that princess peach dress is amazing!!! and that hat is adorable!!
your dress is AMAZING! I seriously admire you for doing that. I have those shoes- Looooove them!!!
It turned out so cute. You should do this more often, and you should make my costume for next year :)
This is seriously so legit.
your dress was so cool! I loved it and am so impressed at your skills!! We need to get together again soon so you can teach me how to be creative. ha ha!
Post a Comment