Monday, November 21, 2011

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

The only thing that Gian and I are polar opposite about is chocolate. I absolutely despise it in almost every form {exception for Snickers, Twix, and Kit Kats, and well, if it is milk chocolate and mixed in as a secondary ingredient and isn't overwhelming in flavor.... I am also in love with white chocolate, but it doesn't have the cocoa bean in it soooooooooooo that explains a lot}. I will try it almost every single time in hopes that that time I will actually enjoy it, but then I remember how much I hate it and try to find something to flush the bitter taste out of my mouth. Gian, on the other hand, craves bitter sweet, semi sweet and dark chocolate like it should be sold in bulk.... SICK!!! The smell of it just crinkles my nose. Actually, last night he just ate bitter sweet chocolate with 60% cacao while we watched a movie. I think he might be related to Willy Wonka. We seriously couldn't be more on opposite sides of the spectrum if we tried.

I found this recipe of Chocolate Pumpkin Pie knowing that Gian would most likely love it. I made it, and according to Gian it was the best pumpkin pie he had ever tasted.... I am ok with that!!! Guess what I did... yeah I tried it, didn't like it, it was far too chocolatey for my liking, but as stated above, that is apparently abnormal. I thought this would be a nice twist on a holiday favorite. Especially if you are wanting to try something new without losing your tradition. Here is how it is done.

What you will need:
3oz Bitter Sweet Chocolate {chopped}
6oz Semi Sweet Chocolate {chopped}
4tbsp Unsalted Butter {cut into small pieces}

Directions:
-Make your pumpkin pie filling as directed and set aside.

-In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter. Stir frequently until smooth and remove from heat.

-Fold in melted chocolate mixture into prepared pie filling, then pour into pie crust.

-Bake as directed to original recipe.

If you are a chocolate fan then you must try this! It is so simple and doesn't add on too much time to your baking. My chocolate melted in about 5-10 mins. I think milk chocolate might make the pie filling too sweet, but if you try it let me know how that turns out.

Hope you have a happy holiday this week!! Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year: it brings families together, it reminds us what to be grateful for, and it is the most anticipated meal of the year... who could ask for more?!?!

Happy Thanksgiving
Gobble Gobble 

3 comments:

Janette said...

OH MYYYY! Can we please switch heads? I want to not like chocolate!! It's my downfall... Yup! Anyway.. this recipe looks pretty good! Thanks for sharing and happy gobble gobble day!

Janette, the Jongleur

Diana Smith said...

I still cant believe you don't like chocolate! I mean, I guess I could say on more for me haha

Rachel said...

A woman after my own heart!! I am the same way. You would never find me snacking on a plain chocolate bar. Hope you guys had a nice Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...