We are moving out of the state of Utah!!
The story goes like this... on May 3rd we found out that Gian got accepted into a law school all the way in Rhode Island. That is about 2,520 miles away from here. We got this HUGE packet in the mail, and I could barely wait for Gian to come home to open it. We read out loud together, "CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" I may or may not have done a heel click and victory dance... and we were beyond excited. For eight days we started to plan our lives around Rhode Island, what it would be like if we moved there, what great food we would eat, the road trip and visiting Chicago. I even started to Google map everything. It is a beautiful campus and I was excited to adventure into a place I had never been before. I have never been to the east coast and I was thrilled to take that new adventure with my little family, the people I love the most in this world. But the thought of being so far away from both our families began to make my stomach turn and stimulated anxiety.
We gave our landlord notice saying no matter what we will be moving in August. However, we were not set on Rhode Island. We were waiting to hear back from three other schools. Gian and I talked about how the only thing that would take us away from Rhode Island would be this school in Orange County, California. You see, while we were in California for Disneyland in February, Gian came to me and said, "There is this school in Orange County that I want to apply too. I know it is really small, but I have a really good feeling about it and I want to go tour the campus while we are here." So of course I supported him because it is what he wanted and why would I ever oppose? Especially that exact location in California.
So on May 11th, just eight days after the Rhode Island acceptance letter, Gian got a email from this same school in OC, CA. We thought we could take a few days to make our decision, but this letter came with all sorts of requirements and obligations. We had to give a nonrefundable deposit and Gian would have to start school June 11th. So you see why it was time sensitive decision right?!?
AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! How could we possibly make a decision with so many strings attached in a timely manner? I started to think logically and gave Gian a list a mile long of why this might not be the best decision and then followed with "...but just because it isn't logical doesn't mean it isn't the right decision!!!"
So we made a phone call to my mom and she said she will do what ever it takes to keep us away from Rhode Island. ahhahahahaha!! She said she just didn't feel good about it and couldn't have us so far away. Solutions started to manifest, we felt soooooooooooo good about our decision and the logical part started to diminish. So with all that comfort and peace we chose Whittier Law School in Orange County, CA just two hours after receiving the email! We knew back in February it was the right choice for us so it was easy to remember why we wanted it.
Here is the plan.... in three short and rapidly fast weeks we will pack up and move completely out of Utah. Ekemona and I will go live in my parent's house in Idaho with my sister, Brittany, for however long needed, while Gian goes and stays with some friends/family in the area to start school and search for apartments and possibly jobs. This plan of moving is subject to change... there are a lot of "if's" and "what about's" that we still need to straighten out.
You guys, we are sooooooooooooo so so so excited!!! I could cry right now!! The best part is we will be living 8 miles from Disneyland and we will be close to the ocean {both my dreams are coming true}. I can barely hold back all of this joy!! I am soooooooo proud of Gian for all his hard work and dedication and for knowing what is right for our family and following through with those thoughts and feelings. Every now and then one of us will sigh with excitement and burst out a comment about how relieved and ecstatic we are.
And this is how I like to imagine we will look truckin' 660 miles with everything we own!! I think it looks quite glamours don't you?!?!







14 comments:
That is so exciting! I can't believe you will basically live in Disneyland. And we are going in July, you should come with us :)
So exciting for yall! Congrats on choosing a school. You know you can always vent to me about the hardships that come with being a law school wife... It's tough but so worth it in the end!!!
ahhhh. congratulations!!! that is so exciting. you'd be a disneyland passholder!!!
Congrats! Good luck to you guys, change is always exciting. I am glad you are so happy about it. Let me know if you need help.
Oh wow! I'm so excited for you guys (and a little jealous that you'll be living in Cali!)!
I wish you guys the best of luck! I know everything will work out for you!
Hooray!! Congratulations to your little family!
Rhode Island - that's close to NY so Gian's (our) side of the family would 've been thrilled ... Well, you're coming MY WAY so I'm thrilled. Hope to see little Z soon when you do move in the sunny state of california.
WOOO!! So excited. Disneyland is fun all year round especially when you can go just for fun and not a vacation!! Congrats Gian!
WOWOWOWOWOW! Crazy!!
♥Janette, the Jongleur
Holy Cow! You're moving! I'm so excited you guys chose California! At least there is a chance we will get to see you! Congratulations on getting into law school and getting that part of your lives started!
Congratulations!! I think if we had to move out of Utah (away from our families) for pharm school, SoCal would be ideal!! I love it there!! This just sounds completely perfect for you guys, and I'm so happy for your little family! I will miss ya, but luckily I have this little bloggity blog to be updated with on the haolepino life!
I was putting together all the great things about the East Coast before I got down to the Orange County bit - but I'm originally from L.A., and although Disneyland is a HUGE attraction for me, I'd much rather not move back to California. But I'm excited for you! Best of luck, and keep us all posted!
*stomps foot* I wanted you to move to Toledo!
Congratulations...the east coast will love you!!!
Congrats girlie. How exciting!!! I have butterflies for you. Good luck with everything.
Post a Comment