Wednesday, October 10, 2012

There's Not Just 1, but 2... TWINS!!!


What do you call twins who live together? WOMB-MATES bahahahahahhaah!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! You read that right!! We are having twins!!! It has been hands down the greatest shock/surprise of my life!! It also explains why I have been so horribly sick this time around!

So the reason this was such a great shock was because at my first ultra sound, three weeks ago when I was 7.5 weeks along, I specifically asked the doctor, "If we were having twins when would we find out?" because I had the slightest hunch and was just curious when people find out anyways. Plus Gian's whole family kept saying, "We hope it's twins!!! Then I saw on the ultra sound and there was only one and the doctor confirmed by saying, "No, your not having twins. We would know by now if you were having twins and there is just one baby and one heart beat." So I felt silly and closed the book of possibly having twins AT ALL!!
Please notice the date of this ultrasound... Why yes, it was 
on our 3rd year wedding anniversary!! 

Then yesterday at my doctors appointment I looked up at the screen. I could clearly see two separate gummy bears and I blurted out a loud, "ARE THOSE TWO???" before the doctor could even say anything! Then he replies, "Yep, you're having twins!" At that point I yelled, screamed then cried, then went into shock ahhaha. It was amazing, and I am so glad I noticed before the doctor even said anything!

These two were hilarious {if you look at the picture below, I numbered them to help explain this story}. Baby #2 was just hanging out doing it's own thing, while Baby #1 was straight up doing somersaults and kicking it's sibling in the face. Then after a while, Baby #2 decided to take it's little gummy bear hands and flare itself in motion to get Baby #1 to stop! Hahaha It was so cute!
Look at Baby #2 legs!!! Have you ever seen anything cuter?

Now to express my greatest fears.... WILL I BE ABLE TO TELL THEM APART AS NEWBORNS? And if they are the same gender will I know each of their names? Plus our car is only a four seater.... WE NEED A NEW CAR, and now a NEW STROLLER!! And more clothes... and another crib... or two cribs if we keep Eke in his!! Do they take turns in the swing or do we buy another one? How will I ever sleep?? Will my back break??? CAN I HANDLE THIS??

So I decided that these fears are all relevant... AND LEGIT!!! We have 7 months to figure it all out!  So there is no need to be all worked up about it! We at least have half of everything so that is a good start! I just want to enjoy this time. It is so exciting and wonderful and fun, especially while they are still tucked away nice and warm in my tummy!

19 comments:

Janette said...

OH MY GOSH GIRL! THAT iS AMAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING! (I just sat here for 30 seconds holding down the "Z") Seriously! I'm all smiles for you right now! ConGRATS You can do it! And for real.. This is my dream! I want twins sooo soo bad! But isn't it kind of cool that all your sickness was so worth it??? In a way?


♥Janette
http://janettethejongleur.blogspot.com

Brissa said...

AH AH AH AH AHHHHHH!!!
yes!!! they're going to be adorable!!!ahhh, i'm so excited for you!

Tommie said...

I am so happy for you! This is so exciting.

And yes, you have seven more months to work out the logistics. The first few months with two newborns and a toddler will be tough but you'll get through them and things will get so much easier/better.

I hope the sickness eases soon.

Anonymous said...

Awesome awesome awesome awesome! That is just so great

-David Royal

erin.mc27 said...

Ohhhhh myyy gossshhhhh!!! (I just recently started following your blog, but I will be checking back for updates regularly now, haha!). I am worried about your back too but I'm even more excited for you! Cutest little family.

Lindsay said...

What good news!! What a funny story that the first go around you were told one baby!! Momma's instincts always know?? :) god just knows you make the cutest babies ever so he made you an extra one!! So happy for you! I think twins would put me in an early grave. You'll be amazing though!! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!

Emily said...

two pregnancies are over in one, sounds great to me, though I would also feel the way you do about all the extras that come with twins, but you can do it McKinley! You are wonderful, strong and fully capable, the Lord loves you and believes in you! My Momma is a twin and we have three sets of twins in the generation under us! My cousin has twin girls, if you want someone to talk to, I am sure she would be willing to talk to you. She lives in Corona, CA. So happy for you, there is also twin playgroups, I have a few friends here with twins and that is what they told me! LOL :) Good luck and how blessed you are! Love you so much, Emily (Sorry it has been rough though with being sick, that is not so cool) :(

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I can't believe it! Congrats, mama!

Bel said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!! I didn't even know you were preggers! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I love your reaction when you found out it was twins haha. I AM SO EXCITED, MCKINLEY! :D Congratulations!!!! Ekemona is gonna be an older brother!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will be amazing. I am so happy for you :) :)

Jes said...

Crazy fun! I can't imagine your beautiful tiny little body carrying twins. You can do it! Good luck with all the preparations. Just take it one day at a time. Make lists, that helps me to organize my jumbled thoughts, your mind won't be so full all the time. Take care of yourself and enjoy your last seven months twin-less :) Love ya!

Hope Wiltfong said...

I have a sweet young friend with a one-year old who gave birth to twins while her husband was serving in Afghanistan. And as a Latter-Day Saint, you WON'T be doing it all alone. Blessings come when we need them, and you will be amazed at how things will come together for you. Just begin scouting the second-hand stores - most twin stuff can be picked up pretty easily. WE'RE ALL SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe its a Filipino thing but my mom told me and everyone I knew that she hoped for twins for grand babies when I got married and low and behold I find out at 8 weeks I was preggers with two.
At 19 weeks I found out one was girl and 20 the other was girl too. They are now 3 and the joys/loves of my life. I knew instantly they were fraternal but they still have twin tendencies.
Enjoy pregnancy, you'll have more ultrasounds for sure!
Blessings.

Eva Marie said...

Shut the front door!! AMAZEBALLS!!!!
so happy for you guys.. :) I havent had my scan yet but now im nervous as heck hahah

RobAar said...

Oh McKinley! You are so so so luckly, (I think)... I've never had twins, but the idea of having two for one is awesome. I'm sure the first year or two will be crazy, crazy, but then after that you have built in buddies and play groups - all within your little family of 3 (or 5).

I'm sorry you've been sick. I'm excited to see how your pregnancy and birth go. I'll be just ahead of you.. baby #2 is due March 22nd.

Congrats!
Love,

Aar

Courtney B said...

I still can't get over this.... TWINS! Aaaaaahhh! So crazy but SO EXCITING! I'm just so happy for you!!
And I really hope the sickness eases up soon :( You're going to be the most amazing mama to your kids!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

Oh girl how exciting! You are totally capable of the challenge :) so fun!!!

Tiffany said...

WOW!!!!!! dOUBLE CONGRATS!!!

Jo said...

This is so exciting. Not only to be pregnant with one, but TWO!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...