Sunday, May 2, 2010

San Francisco

Last weekend we went to San Francisco to go visit my parents. They sold their house that was in Alamo (a small suburb east of SF) and moved on up to this amazing place in the heart of the city. It is in this amazing hotel and everyone treats you like kings and queens. We never wanted to leave!!

We had a blast. We walked everywhere and the weather was fabulous. My parents took us all around the city and even showed us their favorite places to eat, shop, and just walk around. They seem so happy there. They keep telling us that they feel like a young couple again. It is fun to see them so in love and laughing all the time. It was just a great trip.

My mom was playing the piano and I was singing with her. Don't be quick to think I can sing well... but my mom was playing quite nicely. It just needs to be tuned.

Their view!

Their view again...

And their view again...

And another angle...

You get the point!

Love this one of Gian, he cracks me up!

This is a cute little park where they hold some concerts, and a HUGE movie theater.

Gian and my dad, we took the trolly down to Fisherman's Wharf

My parents and Gian on the trolly. I forgot how loud those things were!!!
I love the trollies they are so much fun. Gian and my dad hung out the side while my mom and I sat on the bench right across from them.

It was so beautiful while we were there. This is at dinner, right above the wharf. You can't tell from here, but there was this guy who dresses up in leaves and he is called the bush man. He hides and then when people least expect it he scares the great goodness out of them. We could see it from our seats. It was great entertainment while having dinner. We literally laughed every other minute!

Just when we thought my parents couldn't be any greater... they got us tickets to see Wicked! It meant so much to me because I love love love love this play sooooooooo much, and Gian has never seen it. I have played the music for him before and told him the whole plot! He was well prepared. Our seats where amazing! I have never had such good seats, and I totally forgot how amazing their costumes are. In fact, I think Wicked is worthy of its very own post. I think I'll do it!!!!

The weather was fantastic, so we wanted to dive through the Golden Gate Bridge and have lunch in Sausalito. I couldn't believe how beautiful the drive was!

This picture doesn't do it quite justice of how gorgeous the day was, but I hope you can enjoy Sausalito through the picture.

This was a little pier in Sausalito that everyone would sit and enjoy their ice cream.

After that we thought... lets head down Lumbard Street, the world's crookedest road... and yes that is the real word.

I decided I would hate to live on this street... it would be so crowded, and where would you park? Once we made it through that road, Ghiraldelli was not too far. Too bad me and my mom enjoyed Dryer's ice cream in Sausalito while Gian enjoyed an amazing ice cream sundae!!! We were so upset with ourselves. In case you do not know anything about Ghiraldelli Square, it's as busy as can be and you can order 500 different kind of ice creams, sundaes, floats, etc. But the best part is you can see this old school chocolate machine that would whip and smooth this warm silky chocolate!!! The whole area smelt like heaven!

Mom & Dad, thank you for having us in your darling home, and for showing us all around. It was so much fun to spend time with you guys and have you share some of your favorite things with us! We miss you soooooooooo much and can't wait to see you again soon!

3 comments:

Diana Smith said...

That looks soo much fun! The skies are as blue as the ocean, just gorgeous. Sounds like you guys had a blast, now I am really excited to go in June!

Brittany said...

I have been waiting for these!!! It looks like you guys had a great time... although I new you would! Don't you just love everything about where they live? So Fun!

Ibiam said...

Congrats on you marriage and baby !!!! I love your wedding dress it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...