Friday, March 9, 2012

Tears of Joy

Remember how I told you I love Disneyland? Well there are several reason why, one of which is the magic and effort they put in to making memories and making it a trip every family will remember for the rest of their lives. Also, I use to work here, so I got to make the magic for the families and now that I have a family of my own, it pulls on my little heart strings.

This video was me trying to document us entering the park together as a family for the very first time. At this point, I was having a really hard time keeping myself together since I already lost it in the car when I saw the Matterhorn from the 5 freeway. This was Gian's first time to the park since he was 6/7 years old and our first day happened to me on the most magical day on the calendar.... February 29!!! Can you believe that?!?! Who could ask for anything better? I think the real kicker for me was when I saw those bloody pins that represent all I was feeling, and I lost it!



I wish I could tell you this was the last time I cried... nope! The third time {in less then 30 minutes} was on the way to the castle where we were going to take our family photo and I saw Snow White walking to her wishing well.... aaaaaaaaaand I galloped to her... yes, I ran! And YES that was caught on tape.... should I air that one too? I was, no joke, worse than any 4 year old. Once my sister, Brittany, reminded me that we were taking a photo and I didn't have time to run to Snow White I started to cry again. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME? All the magic was more than I could take... and to me Snow White is the most magical of them all. Our photographer was so sweet and didn't even judge me once! What a nice lady! Then I cried one last time when we were leaving the park on our last and final day... I cried the whole way down Main Street USA. Seriously, what 24.5 year old does that? So if you did your math right that is a grand total of 4 crying sessions from a grown married woman with a child in public.

Here is it.... I hope you find this as humorous as the rest of my family. For me, I cannot watch this because I start to cry all over again. There may or may not be something seriously wrong with me!

PS Is it wrong if I label this as .::Viral Friday::. I mean it is Friday, and it is a video... is that wrong?

13 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! That was the best, funniest moment of the whole trip!!!

S+S+S said...

MCKINLEY THAT WAS AWWWWESOME!!!!

Lindsay said...

OH McKinley, I started to cry along with you! I could seriously feel your joy from walking into Disneyland! I cried a little too when we went together as a family for the first time! It was so so exciting! I think I would cry again whenever we go because I have been wanting to go again for so long!

Marc and Lindsay Duncan said...

You are so dang funny. I wish I could get that excited about anything. You are too cute. What a fun family trip!

Diana Smith said...

hahahahah I love you! You are so cute. I totally understand that. There are rare feelings of getting passed those gates that are so very magical!! Ahhh i can't wait to go you lucky ducks!

Unknown said...

bahahah!! This movie could TOTALLY go viral!
Also, maybe YOU are pregnant!! ;)

R+M said...

This video is awesome. I love it! I have to say though my FAVORITE moment of you was when you ran, video camera in hand, down by the castle to find Snow White, crying tears of joy. I just love it, and it reminds me of the 6 year old Kinners.

Tiffany said...

YOu are so awesome!! This is why I love Disney so much too. And I cried watching you cry! That button would have pushed me over the edge. I LOVE IT!!!

vintch said...

you are so fabulous and adorable! haha "it says one more day!!!" so sweet:) your heart is so beautiful, my pretty friend!

Eva Marie said...

Girl you were made for Disney ehehe. I kinda wish I had that feeling when I brought Liv there in July.. it was just way to sweet.

Janette said...

Oh my gosh! you are the cutest!!!!!!!!! It is not weird to shed some tears at the happiest place on earth... I teared up once after returning after a 5 year hiatus.. So no shame girl!

xoxox,
Janette the Jongleur

PS Totally appreciate your comments on my blog, friend! I've been soo busy lately that it's really hard to get to my fave blogs... so I apologize!

Sammy said...

Mckinley- Found your blog through the Mirandas. I went to Highschool with Gian. I'm so glad this was your newest post. I laughed SO hard. Then I showed my husband and we laughed and laughed again like we do at our favorite youtube videos. That was awesome!! Please tell Gian I said hi!!

Unknown said...

Sammy...what's up?...glad you found our blog. Isn't McKinley hilarious?...I'll make a post every now and then, but you can obviously see McKinley McKinley does 99% of the writing. Good to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...