Monday, April 23, 2012

Poop Water

TMI?!?!

Let me cut to the chase.... this kid poops in the bath 100% of the time. Not like ohhh it's right after meals, or yep it's that time of day again, or only now and then. NOOOOOOOOOOOO my little nugget loves to leave nuggets in the bath EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!!!

By the eighth round I was so mad. I was going to rip out my hair because that means I have to sanitize EVERYTHING which can turn into quite the production, and at times the poop was transfered into new regions of the house, and then I wanted to kill someone! The funniest part about it is, after he has completed his task he screams bloody murder as if he was in serious pain. He can't stand being in the poop water {I don't blame him}. Then the production begins. That means cleaning the bathtub and then drawing another bath because we never even got to the soap bubbly part.

Then it dawned on me.... this kid knows what his body is doing, and he knows it is icky. To me it shows the signs of him becoming aware of his bowel movements. Now don't go thinking I am about to potty train him next week because this has been going on for over a month, not to mention he just barely turned 18 months, but I realized that this could be a great learning opportunity. So now when I see his face make that specific "poop face" I place him on top of the toilet, or when it's time to grab him out of the tub I stopped rolling my eyes and making an obnoxious sigh, but instead I decided to say in a cheerful positive way, "YOU POOPED!!!" or "That is poop... one day you will poop in the potty where mommy and daddy go,"  in hopes that this will not create any negative emotions around the process of such a natural thing. Also, I secretly hope that in someway it leaves an impression and when we do introduce potty training it may make the process a whole lot easier.... like I said, I HOPE!!!


3 comments:

Camille Spence said...

Oh man...not looking forward to potty training! But way to handle the situation!! I hope it helps things go over smoother!!

Hope Wiltfong said...

Yes, I think you are doing the best thing possible by just talking about it. Again, he is understanding - and you may begin asking him if he wants to try being a 'big boy' and trying to poop BEFORE he gets in the bathtub. It takes time - be patient - and believe it or not, there are MUCH worse things than poop in the bath water that could be happening!!

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg that is crazy!! funny story, when A was younger, after he pooped my MIL would always take him to the sink to wash his little bootie. as the yellow poo would come off into the water, she always said that it looked like egg drop soup.... i can never drink that stuff again hahaha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...