Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vision Board

Fun random fact... Did you know the author of The Secret and my mother were co-creators? Yep... long before Ryonda Byrne ever wrote the book, she and my mom worked together doing trainings all about this stuff. Then one day they went their separate ways, one continued to help people on a personal level and the other wrote a book and appeared on Oprah. I always said, you are lucky to have ever met my mom because of her infinite wisdom and incredible talent.

A part of The Secret {and the way we were raised} was to create a vision board. A vision board is something you create, much like a collage, that represents the things you would like to manifest in your life. The theory of how it works is to place your thoughts and emotions into a constant fluid movement on an unconscious and conscious level. Through that it will eventually manifest.

I honestly truly believe that whatever you put out in the universe is what you will receive. Sounds like hocus pocus huh? Seriously though.... there is something very powerful about commitments and the power to dream. I also believe that your thoughts become emotions, that become actions, and actions are verbs... it is movement, a flow, a constant progression. I also believe that we are constantly making decisions on a conscious and unconscious level. Whether we can acknowledge that or not, 90% of everything in our life stems back from our decisions. That is the beauty and power of our free agency!

The purpose of a vision board is to place your desires and dreams into a space that will allow us to make it happen. On an unconscious level we create these things to happen. We unconsciously put ourselves in a place of making decisions constantly. There are some rules to making vision boards because the brain is such a powerful thing, you must be careful of the words you place around the vision board and what the pictures may symbolize for you.

For example, I will share with you a vision board I made in 2008. The underlined ones are the ones that manifested {Please note that these numbers are only for your reference. I did not actually put them on my board}

1). Become a mother 2). Own a dog 3). Bake more 4). make good money 
5). Own a house 6). Get married 7). Travel 8). Go through the temple

So as you may see, half of these things manifested for me. I even made one previous to this where I had a Vera Wang dress on a fitting form... I crossed out Vera's name and wrote mine. A year later I got a job on the design team of Maggie Sottero. That was not my intention when I made the vision board, it was to own and create my own bridal line, but I am still astonished and blessed to have had it manifest in a different way.

So here are the tricks and rules in order to make your vision board a success.

There are three topics you should focus on:
1). Heath/Recreation
2). Work/Money/Career
3). Personal/Relationships/Spirituality

You can write down the things you would like to accomplish in these areas. Then, find pictures that represent those thoughts and emotions to you. Keep in mind, the less words the easier i.e. travel, get a dog, make money.... etc,

There are some basic tips you need to keep in mind so things stay in a positive mind set. It is very important that you follow these guidelines because it can shift or change your mood or thoughts around the board and it is vital to the ultimate outcome.

Tips:
- Must be in present tense.
- No negative words should associate to the board.
- Use words like; "I choose", "I am", "I want", "I will" when making your list or when you view the images that represent your board.
- "As if it were so"
- No goals, never make goals because it goes into the unconscious mind. i.e. I want to weigh 125lbs, instead, find a picture of your ideal figure.... and if your like me, my sister, or my roommate, you will cut out a picture of your face and place it on that image (for the record, mine was Cinderella because I wanted to work at Disneyland... it always adds a nice sense of humor to it as well)
- Leave space so other things can fill in.
- Once it is all complete, hang it in a place you will see it frequently throughout the day.

Here is what my current board looks like...

1). I will own my own line 2). I want to own a house 3). I want to make a good amount of money
 4). I want to have a healthy, happy, peaceful, and loving family with more children 5). I want to sew 
more and do more crafts {thank you to Diana for letting me use her image of a sewing machine!}
6). I want to work back at Disneyland 7). I will own a dog

 Close up of #1... yes I put my face over the designer's! 
To me, it symbolizes it's my own line.

If you haven't read or seen The Secret I strongly encourage you to do so. It is awesome! Go on, create amazing things in your life! If you don't believe me then just make one for yourself and let me know what happens a year later.

8 comments:

Janette said...

Love your vision board..You've got some healthy dreams! Mine would be to take over the world..lol jk!

I have two questions..1. Does your ma harbor any resentment toward the Secret lady? It would be hard for me to not hold a grudge cause I'm a grumpypants. 2. Does this philosophy have any origins in Kabbalah? (sp?).


Janette, the Jongleur

Brissa said...

i remember learning about the secret in high school. that's so cool that your mom was a co-creator. what a great way to be raised. my mom and i are the same way. you get what you put out. positive vibes and all that jazz. i love your boards. i should make one...

Miki {Becoming What I Always Was} said...

That's a cool fact about your momma! I love the secret! My husband is obsessed with it. I didn't read it until I met him, and he lives by it , and so does one of my best friends. Those 2 are the happiest most positive people I have ever met, and they continue to inspire me!

R+M said...

glad you posted this, I was inspired to start my own, new vision board after I saw yours. Thanks!

Bel said...

YOU ARE JUST THE CUTEST! I've never had a vision board but I think I should start now. I love how you pasted your face over the designer. It made me smile haha. You are adorableee... And I really hope you have more children. You're such a wonderful mother.

Josh and Tiff said...

I love it. I think I might have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

:: ashley :: said...

that is so cool! i love your vision boards, had a blast hanging out today!

Tiff said...

Are you in my head? I just decided to make one this week!!! WOW!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...