TAAAAAAAAAAA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Isn't she a beaut?
I originally was going to make this one....
{via Pinterest}
But I was going to use yarn and make it more springy. When I arrived at the craft store, I saw this spool of moss... artificial moss of course. I must say I like them both, but the moss is so whimsical to me!!!
Anyways, I will tell you how to make it without any picutres because it's truly that easy....
What you will need:
-Ribbon 1.5 yards {cut into twos}
-Wooden block letter
-Hot glue gun and glue
-Artificial moss
- Flowers or whatever you like for your finishing touches
-Scissors
-Scissors
How to:
1). Measure out the moss you will need to cover your letter and cut only the length needed to cover the whole letter. Do not worry about width... that comes later.
2). Once your pieces are ready, outline a small section of the letter at a time {i.e. I did each leg of the M at a time so the glue doesn't dry too fast}. Place moss over selected area of wood make sure that the moss is over lapping and press down to apply pressure.
3). Continue steps until the letter is fully covered... it may lose its shape by this point and look like a blanket of moss.
4). Cut away excess moss while using the wooden letter as your guide. {Depending on your moss you may need hardcore fabric scissors to cut through it}
5). You may want to add moss blend in the lines. Just take natural looking pieces and hot glue them in the spots that are needing a more natural look.
6). Add your decoration, then place moss over it to blend it in as well while using a hot glue gun to accomplish the look.
7). to attach ribbon on the back, I used the hole where nails or thumb tacks go. I filled it up with hot glue and rolled the pieced of ribbon. Once the glue secured the ribbon well enough, I used more glue to seal the ribbon into place. {see picture below}
8). Make a perfect bow and you are ready to hang!!
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial... maybe it will inspire you to do something else... something I never ever even heard of! Have fun!









No comments:
Post a Comment