Saturday, October 9, 2010

Halloween/Disney Costume

Remember when I told you I felt like I look like THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS?

Well, our friend Megan had a birthday party that was Disney themed and you had to dress like a disney character. At first I was really sad because there was no princess let alone character that was pregnant. The only thing I thought of was Ariel because in The Little Mermaid 2 she has a little girl. So after hours of hunting for an Ariel The Little Pregnant Mermaid costume, I was begining to feel hopeless. AND THEN... it dawned on me... Smee is a Disney character from Peter Pan and he looks pregnant with that sexy pot belly of his.

It was off to the thrift store I went. I was able to find everything for the Smee costume except his hat. I got glasses (little girl's), the shirt, the pants (they were scrubs that I mangled to be piratey), and the shoes. I was so proud to have shopped at just one stop and walking out only spending $17.50. I loved the idea so much that if I am still pregnant when Halloween parties come around I will be him again. Maybe making Gian be Rufio (which by the way he didn't come to the party because he was working... LAME!!).

Here is the grand masterpiece... SMEE in all his glory!

Incase you were wondering who that cute Tinker Bell is... thats Megan, the birthday girl. Her party was a hit. It was so much fun, they had my favorite carmel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and pizza and then we played games. Happy (belated) Birthday Megan!

7 comments:

kme1981 said...

Love this costume!!!

R+M said...

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA,
thats the best thing I have seen in soooooo long. I LOVE IT!!

R+M said...

By the way, it cut off about 75% of the HAHAHAH I wrote. :-(

Diana Smith said...

haha Mckinley you are so cute! I love how creative you are!!!

Unknown said...

I love and hate you because of your awesome creativity! Teach me :)

Bethany said...

Wow, that is such a funny idea! Classic!

Rachel said...

That is hilarious! I was pregnant over Halloween too and had the hardest time coming up with something to wear. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...