Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mental Note

Watching a live birth at 38 weeks pregnant DOES NOT HELP!!! According to birthcenter.com it may help you prepare for the big day. FALSE.... I now feel more scared then ever before. I did not want to know the details of what goes on down there. Well, usually I wouldn't have minded, but knowing I will be doing that any day now is freaking me out. I mean there is a reason God made our heads above our shoulders, so we don't get scared and panic when giving birth! Agreed? Now I am doomed!! I know the truth! There is nothing I can do now, except calm my fears.... which isn't working!! {GULP} Ready or not, here comes baby!



7 comments:

Unknown said...

epidural. after all the lovely things i've learned about pregnancy, that's the only thing keeping my sanity when it comes to having kids.

Janssen said...

I am so with Whitney - an epidural. Once I got mine, it was fine. The worst part was how HUNGRY I was. My stomach was growling the WHOLE time I was pushing.

Unknown said...

in preparation: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/12/health/12klass.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=health

Nick and Katherine said...

Hahahaha! Yes. Epidural. I saw a couple births for class last year before I had the baby. It helped to see one really difficult one with lots of tearing and then see one where the baby pretty much crawled out. Hopefully you have the latter.
I'm excited for you!

Mayce and Ethan said...

Now I'm scared to watch it. Did you take any labor/delivery classes? I'm trying to decide if I should or not. I can't believe you will have a baby in 18 days or less! I'm so excited to see pictures of your little guy!

Camille Spence said...

god made epidurals for a reason.

my mom said giving birth is like having the worst cramps of your life and then pooping out a water melon.

again, god made epidurals for a reason.

BrittWilk said...

ditto. ditto. ditto. ditto. and in case you didn't read those - epidural. it is your friend. and your friend adrenaline will meet you in the delivery room as well. it will be amazing. YOU will be amazing. promise! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...