Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Voilllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... ZEEEE Nursery!!!

The title of his blog is suppose to be read in a French accent. That is why "the" had been replaced with "ZEEEE". So read it again if you didn't get it the first time.

The long awaited post of our nursery. Everything is ready except his name will be in letters on the wall above the crib, and the other item is not easy to explain. So I will post about it once it is done.

I hope that you can envision our nursery with these pictures. Sometime pictures don't do it justice. OHH PS we were not allowed to paint our walls, which is totally fine with me. But that is why they are stark white.



The crib and bedding


My mom got our baby this little bear. It is a traditional music bear that plays "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" when you wind him up, and the bears head tilts from side to side. I love it!!



I painted this canvas. Man, I think this took me 3 weeks to complete. The font didn't come out the way I thought, but I think it gives it character! In my family, my mom gave each of us our own lullaby. I wanted to carry this tradition on into our family. I was having a hard time finding one for Baby M. until my mom suggested this line from my lullaby to paint on the canvas. I thought it worked great and had more meaning, so his lullaby will be the same one I had.


The beautiful changing table! With his hand painted canvas and lullaby from his mommy!


This wall was hard to get a photo of. It is right across from the crib. There are books on the two right shelves, and on the small left shelf there are three birds that my friend Jessie gave me. It has some meaning that wouldn't make any sense if I explained it. Two of the three birds have a little thing to hold pictures or papers. There, I put two ultrasounds of our little one.


These are the wonderful stuffed animals this baby has to come home too. Gian's Lola (that is Grandma in Tagalog) gave her great-grandson the huge teddy bear that has the sweater "I Love Vegas" on it. The old raggedy rabbit is my absolute favorite stuffed animal from my childhood. The owl is from a date that Gian and I made together at Build-a-Bear. Then the panda Gian got, it is actually a pillow if you unbuckle his belly. Gian thought it was amazing and loved that pandas equal Asians ahahhahaha.


The valance over our really small window. I looooooooooove it!!


I wanted to make the baby a blanket... here is one side.


Here is both sides...


Here is the other side. I am not sure if you can see it, but I quilted diagonal lines on the blanket to give the appearance of puffy diamonds, to make it nice and plush.

There you go!! I hope you guys like it!! I love to just sit in the nursery and stare. I love thinking this is where our baby will sleep, where I will be able to get him out of his crib, where he will get his dirty diapers changed. This helps rid the fear of labor, and makes me think, "I can't wait!!!"


6 comments:

Diana Smith said...

AHHH SO CUTE! I love the canvas you painted. The stripes are soooo pretty! You did a great job! Now for the little one to just come already. This was the hardest part of pregnancy for me because every day seemed like eternity and everyone was asking me if I had the baby yet and of course I hadn't so it was just annoying. Hang in there, he will be here and you will wonder where all the time went! This is soooo exciting!

Mayce and Ethan said...

So cute McKinley. I love the custom artwork, it makes it so special and unique. I can't wait to finish my nursery...I'm just waiting for a few things to arrive and for the time to finish everything. I also like to just sit in the nursery and think about my little guy. I'm so excited for you...just a few more days and you will be a mommy!

R+M said...

So cute! Now all we need is a baby!

Unknown said...

I wish you would have accidentally hung his name up already... I keep on waiting for Gian to slip and accidentally say it now that it's so close!

Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Thank you for finally putting pictures up! I love the nursery and the canvas turned out really cute,I thought it was going to have a grassy green color to it, but this is much better :)

P.S. that last post had some weird unreadable font, so thats why I deleted it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...