Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Years Eve

This year my delightful and lovable parents took me, Gian and little E to Las Vegas with them. It was heaven sent. We stayed at Caesar's Palace for two nights and then The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. We had a blast with my parents. We ate some bomb food and Gian and I got to see The Phantom of the Opera, while my parents graciously baby-sat. Phantom is hands down one of the best shows to ever see in your whole life. If there was any way to possible meet Andrew Lloyd Webber I think I would faint with excitement. I am desperate to hug him and express my love to him in person. He is a genius!

New Years is crazy in Vegas. They close down the strip at 3pm so no cars are allowed, only cabs and pedestrians. People are everywhere, I couldn't see any asphalt. The hotels and casinos where the exact same. We went to Spago with my parents around 7:30 got back to our hotel room around 9, put Ekemona down for bed and the next thing I know it is morning. Gian and I slept through the whole celebration. The funniest part about this is ever since I met Gian we haven't gone to bed before midnight.... the one day of the whoooooooooooole year where you are suppose to make it past 12:00am we feel asleep. WE ARE SUCH LOOSERS! Ahahahah

While we were in Vegas we had the opportunity to see Gian's family. It was the first time that any of them have met Ekemona. Here are the photos of Eke meeting his family for the first time. {I would like to inform you that I am incredibly ridiculous and didn't take any photos of our trip. None... zip... noda! Why do I keep doing this? The only photos that were taken were the ones that Gian took of his family with Ekemona.}


Lolo {Gian's Dad} and Eke


Lola {Gian's Mom} and E


Natalie {G's sister} with her nephew


Gen {Gian's cousin}


Gian's Lola. She is 91 and amazing! This is her 4th great-grandchild. I just love love love Lola!


Gian's Lolo passed away a few years ago. While we were there Lola grabbed that photo of her husband {you can see it propped up against the wall} and started kissing it. I could slowly see her get teary eyed. Within a few minutes she was crying because of how much she misses him. It melted my heart and I couldn't help but start crying as well. It was so beautiful to see the way she loves him!

I love to see the way Ekemona looks at his family members. I can just see the love he has for them already. It is like he already knows them, and can see all the good in them. You can see it for yourself in a few of these photos. I think this baby will move mountains!!

2 comments:

Diana Smith said...

How fun for you to spend New years in Las Vegas!! I bet that was a blast! And those pictures with Gian's family are so fun!!

The Crummy Graham Family said...

He is such a doll!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...