Monday, January 3, 2011

So This is Christmas

Thank goodness Christmas wasn't late! I know I was a total Grinch before... but guess what, my evil spell has been broken. Thanks to my Mom and sister, Brittany, I am a jolly holly christmas lady!! Trust me I was kicking and screaming the whole way... but once the fuzzy warm feeling defrosted my heart, it was easy to get into the holiday spirit.

Here is a list of things we did this holiday:
*Learned to knit
*Snowmobiled
*Built a snowman
*Decorated the tree and house with festive lights and colors
*Learned to make beautiful bows
*Baked lots and lots of goodies
*Made a gingerbread house
*Christmas movies and songs
*Saw the Nutcracker Ballet
*Saw Santa
*Went to Temple Square
*Went to a Christmas Party
*Wrapped lots of gifts
*Went sledding
*Got snowed in {Technically doesn't really count}
*Went bowling
*Snowball fights
*Drove around town to admire people's Christmas lights
*Christmas Eve program
*All the Grandkids were in matching PJ's and hats

See with all of this going on, I was only bound to get into the spirit of the holidays. How couldn't you really?

Not only was it amazing with all the fun and wonderful things, but we had two awesome programs that reflected the reason of the season... our beloved Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that we have a time of the year where we can reflect on Christ and the importance of his birth, life and atoning sacrifice. This time of year reminds me of the love I have for Christ and how strong my testimony is, that He lives, and that He died for all mankind. It truly is a beautiful time of year.

I must say this has probably been the best Christmas of my whole life. Maybe if I keep being Scrooge, Christmas will always be this fun! Ahhaha just kidding! I don't know why, but I felt like there was this amazing amount of love and happiness. Everyone was just having a great time and really making each other laugh. It was a real vacation from the rough year of 2010.

Ohhh by the way I have to show you what we made. My dad doesn't like gifts {weird I know... but I'm not kidding, you give him anything and he is seriously offended} so in the past we have either made him things from hand or have done gifts like sending a care package to the troops, or making hygiene kits for infants, or playing secret Santa to a family in need. This year we couldn't think of anything new, so Brittany came up with the idea of making him a shirt. Guess what he freaking loved it!!! He loved it so much that he put it on seconds after opening it. This is a very rare thing... and I don't know how we will ever be able to out do ourselves again. Here is how the shirt turned out.




Here is a close up of what is on the back of the shirt

Here are some pictures that we captured of our awesome holiday! Merry Merry Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. I hope that you were able to enjoy this time with the ones you love dearly. These are in no order whatsoever.... actually they are all out of order. Don't mind me, I was uber lazy! And a special thanks to Brittany for letting me steal 90% of all these pictures from her blog. I have officially failed at being a photographer. I have learned my lesson and will be at least 3x better by next year!


Xmas Eve

Temple Square with cute Ella

My little caterpillar!

Koko with her grandkids and Santa


My cousin Jared Ollerton and his wife Melinda


Every year it is a tradition to open these poppers. They pop... hence the name and there is a crown with a not so hilarious joke and prize inside them. We have done this every Christmas Eve dinner for the last ummmmm 20 so years.


I love my parents to pieces!!


Lauren, Jared and Melinda's beautiful daughter


Ella and Spencer (he too is Jared and Melinda's son)


Me and Mike on the quad



Hunter loves to do every thing his dad does


Jared getting ready to toss a snowball with the best launcher ever!!


I love my snowman!


Ella and her dad on the snowmobile


Lauren and Spencer (can you see their little sister Leah in the background?)


Leah getting pulled by the snowmobile


Check out this beaut! My dad found this for a steal and got it for us to ride on Christmas day.


Hunter and his dad Mike. Don't you love Hunty's awesome hat?


Ella... just love her!


6am on Christmas day!


Hunter and Ella's gifts from Santa


Getting ready to watch our traditional Christmas movie, Love Actually. PS Brittany made this popcorn it was phenomenal!! Ohh do you notice the scarf I am knitting... are you impressed? Well you should be!!!


Don't you wish your cookies were great like ours? hahahahhaha me too, wish we could take credit for that one. (They are store bought.... SSSHHHHHH!)


Brittany and Mike's cute kiddos in their matching PJ's


My dad and Spence


Lauren played the piano for the talent show


Hunter did a wonderful dance


I video taped and held Ekemona... such a talent!


Lauren playing the violin


Ella did a fan dance from the Nutcracker



Ekemona matching his cousins with his PJ's


Don't you just love them


The Nutcracker. How funny is it to see Ella in the background? She looks like a 20yr old all sophisticated.


Hunter making cookies with Koko


Our amazing gingerbread house. My mom made the snowman. hahahhaha his scarf is blowing in the wind ahhahahaha


Please admire my laborous windows. I made them out of Jolly Ranchers. Aren't they just spectacular? Thank you.... they took forever!!! I am just really proud of this house. Brittany, Ella, my mom, and I all had a blast putting this together!


Before we started our house of food!

4 comments:

Diana Smith said...

I love all of your pictures girl! Your baby is so precious and I love his hair! I cant wait to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

So Poppers are totally an English tradition too, we had them this year also. We got ours from Coscto!

R+M said...

Cute! I love all the photos. It looks like it was a great Christmas. I think there was something about Christmas 2010 that was just really special, huh? I felt the same way you did, that it was one of the best ones in history! Here's to the rest being as good! :-)

Bethany said...

Thanks for sharing McKinley! I love seeing pictures of good family fun. It sure does make me miss my brother and his family :( You see them more than I do. And I love Ed's shirt. He will wear it proudly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...