My mom gave us this ornament for Christmas. It is a porcelain paper crane. It is really pretty and I loooooooved it. When I was looking at it one day I thought to myself, I really would like to hang this somewhere in our house.
It inspired me to make a mobile. I never really wanted a mobile for E's room, but he is always so focused and alert I was on a mission to find him one. So I went to the craft store bought blue origami paper that came in a pack of 8, and fishing string. Six dollars later this is what Gian and I made.
Since Gian is Asian and knows how to make perfect paper cranes, he was able to teach me. I thought it was the perfect little Asian touch for Eke's nursery. The white ornament sits in his room as well. It is the perfect mobile because it is so lightweight it moves with the slightest breeze. Eke really likes to stare at it too. Mission accomplished!!
This technically isn't in the nursery, it is in our living room. I forgot to document it earlier, so here it is! My favorite piece of furniture in our whole apartment.
His name in block letters that hang on star pegs. I found this at Rosenberryroom.com
You pick out whichever ribbon you want, they had tons of options. Everything there is great!
She came over to my house when Ekemona was 4 days old. Since my sister Brittany was in town, she came over and had Lily do her prints as well. It was such a great investment and I plan on doing it for all my kids. This lady did a great job too!
Lily and her mommy, Brittany, getting her feet done.
Lily putting her hand in like a celebrity in Hollywood.
Forgot to get a picture with Eke, but I got this...
This hangs in his room. You also have the option to pick out different kinds of font or her hand writting.
My mom got ornaments of Lily and Ekemona's feet to hang on her Christmas tree.
Brittany just did white, like a little angle. She too did ornaments to hang on her tree.





5 comments:
So many comments to make:
1. Love the crane idea... you should do your next nursery in that whole theme.
2. Love the letters, totally doing that one day for my kids rooms :)
3. So glad we did the foot prints and I want to do the other kids too, but I think I will do all ornaments.
4. I have a ridonkulus bald spot on my head in those pictures and I KNEW I was losing an unnatural
amount of hair! I am just glad it has grown back in. It was a little scary there for awhile!
love the cranes and love the ornaments (i guess they're both ornaments)! that is seriously the cutest idea ever.
aaww that is so cute! i wish i had done footprints of ethan when he was little :( xx
Beautiful baby boy :)
Post a Comment