Monday, September 19, 2011

9.19.09

Let me first off tell you that before I ever met Gian I knew I was going to marry him. I was getting ready for our first date, I was all giddy and anxious. My roommate, Amber, looked at me and asked, "Are you excited?" I replied, "Yes, I am!!! And I need to prepare myself for the worst because this blind date may totally suck." Even after I said that I found myself saying these thoughts in my head, "I am going to marry him. STOP IT!!!! You don't even know him, this could end up being the worst date imaginable." After a majority of our date being over, Gian and I talked about our lives and again the stray little thought ended up in my head, "I know I am going to fall in love with him." From that day on, we spent every single day together. We didn't miss one beat and I feel like we connected on a level that was indescribable, which is why it went as fast as it did. I felt like I had known Gian my entire life, like we were old kindred spirits who had traveled across the world a few several times. Everything was comfortable and familiar.  

Two years ago today I was waking up to get ready for the happiest day of my life. My parents, me, and Gian were all pilled in the car driving to the LDS Salt Lake City Temple. I was carrying my dress, my hair and make up was all done, and I had the most peaceful and happy feeling. As we walked through the doors the people working were very confused, they had a hard time believing that Gian and I were the ones getting married. They thought we were siblings and my parents were the ones getting married. Hahhahaha Gian and I laughed and tried convincing them that, once more, we were the bride and groom. Because we understood that we looked like teenagers, it wasn't the first time for the confusion.

will never forget the emotions I had that day. I was so in love and excited about starting this grand adventure with each other; I was utterly happy and it bursted through my countenance. I thought I was going to cry like a fire hose and ruin my make-up for good, but I was all smiles. I felt so calm and peaceful... serene, that nothing could get the water works going. This was not like me, I am usually more emotional then that. Looking at Gian and holding his hand over the alter I knew that my life would always be this wonderful and peaceful... and it really has been!!!

From the day we met, our lives have been on the fast track. In just two short years our lives have changed upside down, backwards, and inside out. At times it has been emotionally draining and challenging to figure out were we take that next step, but doing it all together with Gian is what has made it amazing. I am happier then I had ever dreamt I could be, and I am so thankful to have a wonderful man to be my eternal companion. I literally married the man of my dreams, and I feel like I am in a story book living the dream of a fairy tale princess! Thank you Gian for making me the happiest girl I know!!! I love you for always and forever!

When we were dating... our wedding day... our family of three




8 comments:

sarah said...

Happy Anniversary rooms! I will never forget your day because it happens to be on my dad's birthday :) I am so happy you have found your forever, you deserve it girl! Love you!!

Janette said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! What a beautiful family you have!


Janette, the Jongleur

k. said...

<3 so happy for you!

Bel said...

I read the WHOLE THING front to back, back to front 3 times. Youu guuuuyyysssss...

Belly B :)

Megan and Justin said...

yayyyyy!! i love this. happy anniversary :):)

Kristen Thornburg said...

You guys are TOOO cute!!!

Tiffany said...

Happy Anniversary! I love those pictures.

Unknown said...

I wish that every year around my anniversary I hit up a photo booth to take pictures. Wouldn't that be the coolest album?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...