Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gingerbread

What is Christmas/winter without gingerbread? Tis my favorite holiday flavor {besides egg nog}, and this year it has beaten out pumpkin. The day after Thanksgiving I wanted gingerbread everything! I was in a search of a great gingerbread-people cookie. I didn't have to look far, it was in one of my cookbooks and it is hands down the best gingerbread cookie ever!!! They are so soft and vibrant with flavor and spice. THEY ARE SPECTAAAAAAAAAAAAACULAAR!!! So good that I didn't want to decorate them and just let them be in their own natural, naked form.

If you would like the recipe email me... 
I am too lazy to type it up right now.

So this meant that I had to build a house for these men. I decided to put my stale graham crackers to use. I was really bummed because I was supposed to go to my friends house and all of us build our own together, but I was having car problems so I missed out. This is how it turned out...

 My lamp posts are made out of birthday candles and Gobstoppers. 

 A little snow angel!!! {I added the white pearls to add texture 
in hopes it would stand out more}. I love her...

They even shoveled their front walk way. 
P.S. Those stars are Ekemona's rice puff treats hahaha

Now, I am not saying that this is a good gingerbread house, but after it collapsing on me three times I am more then happy with the results hahahaha. Next year I want to try to be more legit and do one from scratch with blue prints ahahhaha. We'll see how that goes. 

2 comments:

Janette said...

AAAAAAAMMMMMAAAZING! Great job on the lamp posts! SMART SMART!

Janette, the Jongleur

Kendra said...

That is quite the gingerbread house! We didn't do one this year. We're lame-o's!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...