Ingredients:
3 large egg whites {eggs at room temperature makes things so much better for baking}
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice {I did not use this and it still tasted great}
3 sticks of butter {YIKES!!!}
2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
Directions:
*Bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat
*Once sugar starts to starts to boil, bring heat to a medium-low. Start beating your egg whites with a whisk attachment on your electric mixer. Add lemon juice if desired. Beat until white make soft peaks.
*Be sure to look at your syrup frequently. Let cook until 238-242 degrees using a candy thermometer {I just let my syrup boil on a medium-low heat until my meringue was making soft peaks}. Once there, add hot syrup directing into beating egg whites and continue to beat for another 6 minutes so the meringue can cool down.
*Place your hand at the bottom of the bowl. If it is cool to the touch you can start adding the butter slowly with small slices or chunks. Beat for 6 minutes and then add vanilla and salt. Beat until light and fluffy.
I used my frosting for cake bites {which was one box of yellow cake mix}. I would say it took about 90% of the frosting. I then dipped the cake bites in milk chocolate and butterscotch. This frosting would be magical for anything you make! Seriously, it was so good. I hope you enjoy it too!







3 comments:
mmmm... butter :)
mmm... can't make this. i'm totally guilty of eating frosting. i usually skip the spoon. and i'm not talking just a few finger-fulls.
Dude... you have got to stop baking. Every time I read your blog I need to eat something magically delicious!
Post a Comment