Gian...G-ON...like 'G' + "ON"...like neon, but with a G. That's usually how I explain to people how to pronounce my name. Yo. So hopefully you've heard about this dude, Jeremy Lin, who plays for the New York Knicks. He's pretty awesome, good at basketball, and people have made up some ridiculously awesome phrases with his name...LinSanity, Linning, All I do is Lin Lin Lin, VaLinTines Day, Super Lin-tendo...the list is extensive. Oh yeah...and he's Asian. The dude graduated from Harvard. He plays Fruit Ninja like an Asian video gamer. He's friends with all the other "more recognizable" Asians on YouTube/Twitter/Instagram/Tumblr/Everything else. So the dude is pretty up there on the Asian scale...but the dude is a freaking baller. For real. Saw someone post this Jeremy Lin video last week.
I love how it combined his baller status with his Asian-ness in the most ridiculous way. If you've never heard of Jeremy Lin before, ask someone who watches SportsCenter about him. It's been crazy...and awesome.
Here's a video for a song that's been stuck in my head all week. Good song. I suggest turning up the volume on your computer/phone/tablet and enjoying the music...Fun. - We Are Young.
Good song huh? Listening to Fun. makes me miss listening to The Format...kind of like listening to Jack's Mannequin makes you miss listening to Something Corporate.
Here's one more video by OK Go...Needing/Getting.
These dudes really think through the process of making their music videos. Saw these dudes in a small segment on Sesame Street...it was pretty cool as well.
So there's your Viral Friday for the week. Hopefully you enjoyed these. Questions? Want to talk more about this stuff? Feel free to comment. Peace out.
Friday, February 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Dude, I wrote off fun when their first single came out right after sam and nate split up (what was it? all I remember was it had a girl saying something that sounded like "nanananana" teasing). Maybe I was a little bitter about the breakup.
Obviously, that was a bad decision.
linsanity is awesome. I am digging that you gave him a shout out.
Post a Comment