Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Dairy Princess

I love. LOVE... I mean L-O-V-E dairy!!! I love cream, whole milk, yogurt, non-fat milk, cheese, sour cream, and ice cream!!! I love it all! I am the Bubba of dairy! With my rich white as white ancestry comes a genetic background of Scandinavian blood leaving me literally day dreaming about dairy. I love how heavy whipping cream looks when it pours and how cold milk sits in a tall glass leaving a thin mask of condensation... let's be real, it's the milk that gets me, and I honestly, truly believe that by adding a little butter will always make anything taste 10x better!


So guess what I did today?.... You are freaking brilliant. I indeed did make homemade butter! It was gloooooooooooorious!!!! And with my pioneering ancestry, I enjoyed every single minute of it. It brought me more joy than I had ever imagined! It was like I was living the life of my great-grandma... only with a Kitchen Aid and not a churner. Not only did I make butter, BUT I also made honey butter!!! I know right, I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF TOO!!! hahaha

What? I even tasted it all by itself to make sure it tasted ok... AND LIKED IT!!! SICK!!! Who told you that?!? I would nev.... yeah you are right, I TOTALLY DID... but I didn't like it, I LOVED IT!

Hello my name is McKinley and I am addicted to fatty dairy! Ahhhh It feels good to get that one off my chest! Now, on with the recipe.

My brilliant sister gave me the idea of making my own butter and when I was at the store I thought why the freak not! So I came home and looked for a recipe on line. Here is where I got my recipe, but I will give you tips on what I did.

I used:
1 Pint of Heavy Whipping Cream {2 cups}
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Tips:
*The better quality the cream, the better the butter.


*Once it was all done, I pressed it down firmly into measuring cups and it measured 3/4 cups of butter. I put 1/2 cup in a baby food jar to help seal the taste/flavor and stuck it in the fridge.

*I took 1/4 cup of the freshly home made butter and slowly added 1/4 cup honey while beating. I did not scrape out the honey so as a result there was a very small amount left at the bottom of the measuring cup. It was the perfect amount. Then I put it into a baby food jar to seal the flavor/taste and put it in the fridge where it now lives!

*Save the buttermilk and add it to other recipes.

VOILA!!! My most valued butter! PS The plastic container is stained from the baby food prior to the butter being placed.


What are your addictions {a.k.a. favorite things}?

10 comments:

Tommie said...

Go you!! It has never, ever occured to me to make butter. But...I have made peppermint patties because, yes, they are the candies of the gods. So very, very delicious. And yes, so much sugar and all things bad for you.

I'm just so impressed that you made butter. :-)

Hope Wiltfong said...

Everything tastes better when you make it yourself... well, except maybe Sonic slushies.

And don't listen to anyone tell you that too much of (FILLINTHEBLANK) is bad for you. If you love it, eat it.

Bel said...

I cannot imagine the life of lactose intolerant people. I don't know what I would do if that were me. A life without cheese, milk, BUTTER....
Great job on the homemade butter!!! It looks so smooth and fantastic!

Belly B :)

Diana Smith said...

haha look at you!! I have never thought of making butter, but this is genius!

Msz Jelenaaa said...

hahaha you are too funny! Dairy is good, thumbs up for that :p I have never seen someone make butter so thanks for the post girl. Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Jelenadoll <3

Unknown said...

I freaking love your guts!! You're hilarious!!

I'm addicted to breads, pasta, basically all carbs :( Why couldn't carbs be more important than veggies or fruit. or why couldn't my body be addicted to veggies instead of carbs *sigh*. Such is life I guess!

Brittany said...

Just you wait, soon you will be canning jam and making your own fruit rollups (which I really want to try )!

Eva Marie said...

How does it taste??

I just read a recipe about making blueberry butter.. you may have inspired me to try both

Unknown said...

Geniosifi! I need to make that honey butter.

Janssen said...

Yum, honey butter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...