Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I am So ...

... Excited I could bust!! My face is flushed, red and hot like a coil stove. My hands are clammy with fear and joy! Could this really be real? Can this really be happening? It came out of the middle of nowhere and I just cried with tears of happiness; I immediately texted Gian with the news, my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding a million beats a second. I had to call my Mom and Dad. I needed their advice and council. I tried to hold my composure, but my cracking voice gave me away. My dad asked me if everything was fine, and I cried harder. I was trying not to scare them, but I just was overwhelmed with emotions I could hardly take it.

One of the first things that came to my mind was, I have been dreaming about this. Literally, I've been having this recurring dream for the last 3 months about this exact situation. I just thought I was releasing emotions in my dream - things that I have been hurting over, things I have been wanting, things that I have been craving to express, but now, just not more then 30 minutes ago, it was all made clear to me. I was dreaming about what was in store for me. I believe that God has placed this in my hands and that He really knows me better then I know myself... better then anyone knows me. I must be doing something right!

Today while I was talking to my Dad, I told him one of my greatest fears is failing and he told me, "So what, fail. FAIL WILDLY!! Go ahead and fail so hard that you will have no regrets." I expressed more of my emotions to him and he said, "If you're so scared then don't do it! Then you will never worry about how you couldn't fail" and I replied "Hell no.... what fun would that be?!? I would never learn anything if I did that," and that immediate response made me realize how much I wanted this! My fears of failing were diminished. How did I get so lucky to have such amazing parents who could coach and counsel me in such a positive way?

I feel like I have been prepared for this moment. All the thoughts that are rushing through my head are confirmations of things I have been feeling in the past, and I know that this must be right! I feel empowered, confident and strong. I feel like the sky is the limit, and this is only the beginning. Every cell in my body is doing their own little victory dance. I can only imagine the possibilities!! Watch out world... here I come!

9 comments:

kme1981 said...

What are you coming to do?!?!? I wanna know! I read the whole post twice just in case I missed it! tell, tell, tell!!! Please :)

Nick and Katherine said...

I second it! Tell!!!!

Diana Smith said...

So what are you sooo excited about??!?!

Anonymous said...

And you're not going to tell!!!!?

Joy Kara said...

TELL US!! :D

Unknown said...

McKinley!! The suspense is killing us!

Lindsay said...

I got excited just reading this! I know I'd be even more excited if I knew what the heck you were talking about! Even if I don't know what it is, I'm excited that you're so excited! Yay! :)

Heather Dawn said...

When are you going to tell us?? Whatever it is, Im so happy for you to be so excited over it!

Eva Marie said...

Anxious to know what the excitement is all about.. regardless congratssss!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...