So I am not exactly sure what to do. I am highly considering hiding our children's names on our blog. I am worried about their safety since this is a public blog. What do you guys think? Should we hide our children's names? Why or why not? Should it be their middle name, or a made up name? I want to know what everyone's thoughts are around this issue. Do you think there are weird creepers out there that I should be cautious of? What do you do for your blog? Why do you choose to share or not share your child's name?
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
I tell everyone her full name. If there are creepers out there, they can't really do much...never have had a problem. Although, I knew a blogger who found a whole fake website with her pictures and and of her daughter but with different names. WAYYY creepy, so she went private. I think you should do what feel best!
I don't use Ella's real name because I don't want people to be able to Google her in the future when she cares more. I figure I wouldn't want anyone to be able to see a decade of my mom writing about me. If she wants to write about herself that's her choice.
And I never never never want to go private, so I'm fairly careful with the info I put up. No last names, no name of the city where we live, etc.
You know we use our kids names... I don't think I've typed them out "first middle last" though. You can make it so your blog doesn't come up on search engines too. I've tried googling all of our names and I couldn't find anything. But, it's been awhile since I checked.. I need to make sure again!
I also don't want to go private and I never really saw the point of not using his name. I just don't know what someone could do with a name. I just think that perverts have access to millions of baby pictures on the web so on that note I won't post any naked pics of my baby on my blog but other than that I don't hide anything. Good luck with your decision!
Hi McKinley, I just wanted to thank you for your comment on my blog and say that I absolutely do not mind at all that you follow my blog. I'm honored. I found yours a few weeks ago through your sister's and was excited to see my blog in your links. Again, thank you for your kind words. I love reading what you write as well. And to stay on topic, I used my girls' real names. I feel like I need to be real when I write about them.
Post a Comment