Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What is Failure?

By reading my previous post you may understand that I have/had a fear of failing, or letting people down. You may recall reading what my Dad said. After having that conversation with my Dad, I am totally ready to fail. I am ready to take on new challenges; I am ready to brace new things and take that leap with my eyes closed. I AM READY!!

Just because you "failed" does not mean it is wrong. It does not mean it was a failure, it means you got a result. Your result may be different then you originally planed, but you are still able to grow and learn from it. So how can it be measured as a failure? Only we can put judgement on it. We also have the power to make it a positive experience.

One of the first things my Dad said to me when I told him I was afraid of failing was, "Have you learned nothing from me? I have failed more in my lifetime then I have succeeded. You can't learn if you don't fail." If you know my Dad then you know that this is extremely powerful. He is the most successful business man I know. I always look up to him for his knowledge and integrity, and guess what... he had a learning disability too! So his example is that much more inspirational.

After the much needed Daddy-daughter talk, I remembered one of my most favorite Disney movies. I knew I had to plop that DVD in and snuggle up with Ekemona to watch. This one scene {below} stood out more then ever. I always knew this scene was amazing, but it wasn't the reason I choose to watch the movie. This sums up everything I was feeling and thinking, and I knew I had to share it with you. PS doesn't this remind you of the talk I had with my Dad? Well I think it does.



So in case you ever fear failure, ask yourself, "What is failure?" and remember this post, remember this movie, and remember what my dad said. One of the greatest things I learned from my job at Disneyland is the power of a dream and the power of moving forward. Walt Disney is a prime example of that and how the sky is the limit. Never let your fears or doubts rule your positive emotions. You are made to do great things, so go out there and prove to the world how great you really are!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love that movie, it is so cute, now I want to watch it too! Good post, its true about how we just project our own judgement on things, why not write a different story?

R+M said...

That's an awesome clip! What movie is that? You have a great attitude kinners!

Tiffany said...

That's the perfect attitude! And thank you so much for the letter and stickers for Olivia...she was over the moon! Her eyes lit up when I read the part about you knowing Cinderella and Ariel!! We put them on her school assignment book. :)

Tommie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...