I did it... I changed my baby's name on our blog. He will now be known on this blog by his middle name, which is Ekemona.The reason? Well, it was just one of those thoughts that was echoing in my head, so I thought I would make the change since I was fighting with myself for so long. I just feel the need to protect his identity. Does that sound funny? I don't know why that thought kept popping up in my head, but it did, so to clear my conscious I went with it, and I did it... I made the change. I went through every post and edited it to Eke or MoMo or Ekemona. We edited any comments that had his first name {because that would defeat the whole purpose...} so you may find that your comment has been removed but your name is still there. Any new comments that are left with his first name will receive the same message.
I plan on doing this will my other children. I like what my friend Janssen said, she mentioned how her children one day may want to blog, but their name has already been out in the internet world without their consent. For all I know, I may have a very shy, private child who would have wished the same thing. I just want it to be their decision, and protect them the best I can.





5 comments:
Way to go! It's hard to figure out how private you want to be, isn't it? I think everyone has to find their own comfort level.
hmmmm, now you have me thinking I should do something like that. Maybe I'll just go private..but I hate that too! Hmmmm, decisions, decisions....
You have some good points, I struggle too with how private to be, but I think it all comes down to that little voice in your head, and what your comfort level is.
This makes sense. You have to do what you're comfortable with.
I wanted to thank you for offering to make Olivia one of your awesome 'I heart you' headbands. I know she would love it if you did so. You're so sweet to offer.
Totally understand. We did the same thing with our kids as well. We didn't put their full first names on their just for their sake.
Post a Comment