Friday, May 6, 2011

Giveaway: Hale Zen

Since going home to Maui, I teamed up with a great friend, Lisa, to host a giveaway. She has this great store in Lahaina, HI called Hale Zen {great name huh?!?}. She sells everything from apparel to jam and everything in between. When I walked in, I was grabbing handfuls of things to buy - the best place to go shopping for some awesome souvenirs.

Lisa is the buyer and owner, she has done an amazing job tapping into her demographic. She mentioned to me that she tries to buy things that a 16 year old and a 60 year old would both want, and she has done it right. She sells some of the cutest most comfortable tops, great things for children, and locally made jewelry. Everything is so unique in her store and captures the true love and feel of the Aloha spirit. 

There were just too many options, so Lisa decided to give two things away. I love both of these so much I seriously am having a hard time giving them away because I want them all for my self ahhahaha. Here they are...

Kenui Quilt
This is a Hawaiian style quilt. I don't know if it is my DNA or just a passion I have, but I love quilts and Hawaiian quilting is gorgeous with all the details that go into each stitch. I loved them so much I bought one for Zen. I think this will be a tradition I will start with my kids, each will have their own Hawaiian quilt.  The neat thing about these quilts is they have made it so you can hang it up in a room or you can make it a quilt they charish. This one, as you can clearly see, is an Alphabet one and is unisex. Because of the high amount of details and time that is put in to these quilts, they go for over $100.

The quilt measures 53"x42"


Local Hawaiian Jewelry
This is handmade by a local Maui jewelry designer. She does such a freaking good job! I love everything from this line. I have only seen them sold at Hale Zen too. This item has a puka shell and peace sign pendent that adds a very casual and feminine touch. Puka actually means "hole" because they naturally have a hole in the center, making it perfect to add to jewelry. You have to go to Hale Zen to see all the pieces, and THE NECKLACES... ohh they are gorgeous and unique. I could walk away with a handful of this jewelry. Since these are locally made, they go for about $50 each. Isn't it so cute?!?


What does all of this mean for you? It means there will be TWO WINNERS! Here is how to enter:

.::Leave a comment for each step::.
1.) You first need to "Friend" Hale Zen on Facebook by clicking here.
2.) Become a follower of Haolepinos {this blog}.
3.) Leave a comment of your favorite place to visit.
**If you have not followed these first 3 steps you will automatically be disqualified.**

.::For extra entries::.
4.) Spread the word through social media {i.e. Facebook, Blog, 
or Twitter} by linking back to this blog. Each social media 
will count as an entry. Just make sure you leave a 
comment for each social media you link to. 
**This means you have up to 6 entries/comments total**

The giveaway will end May 11th at 11:59pm MST

Thank you to Lisa and Hale Zen for the two beautiful items. Be sure to visit their Facebook page for weekly updates of what they are carrying in the store. If there is something that you are dying over, they can place an order and ship it your way. 

Good Luck, and Happy Blogging!



I am linked up with: Giveaway Today

19 comments:

Lyudmila said...

I love Saint-Petersburg in my country (Russia)
lusizova at gmail.com

Brittany said...

I just liked Hale Zen

Brittany said...

I am already a follower so I don't know if this counts.

Brittany said...

My favorite place to visit? Thats tough, I like to visit anywhere that family is, thats always fun.

Kristen said...

I love to visit my cousin in New York!

Kristen said...

I follow your blog.

Kristen said...

I don't have a facebook, so I can't "Like" the page. But if I win can I ask for the quilt? I am due in the end of June with a little boy.

Great blog by the way! I found you through Giveaway Today.

Eric and Hilary said...

I sent a friend request to hale zen...does that count? i didn't see a 'like' on their page!

Eric and Hilary said...

i am a follower of your blog ;)

Eric and Hilary said...

my favorite place to visit is...believe it or not, Hawaii! My husband and I just went in September and I am in love! I can't wait to go back someday. The scenery, the people, the relaxing vibe. i loved everything about it!

Hilary said...

I made a friend request because I couldn't find the like button either. Hope that counts!
lilhil@gmail.com

Hilary said...

I follow you!
p.s. the quilt is gorgeous!
lilhil@gmail.com

Hilary said...

I love London!
lilhil@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hale Zen liked

Unknown said...

I already follow you because you're that cool

Unknown said...

My favorite place to visit is Disneyland :) But I haven't been many places so. . .

Jami & James said...

I like Hale Zen on Facebook

Jami & James said...

I follow your blog

Jami & James said...

my favorite place to visit - my mamma's house :) I'd say somewhere with a nice warm beach, beautiful sunsets and a beautiful water

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...