Saturday, February 26, 2011

Haolepino Update

Wow it has already been four months since Ekemona was born? Where does time go? I mean March is just around the corner!! That means Spring is coming, which means we are getting close to going home to Maui, which means Gian will finally have a break from school and work, which means I can barely take all this excitement!!!

Well Eke Master just had his 4th month well check up followed by some immunizations. Here are the stats of my fuzzy buns.

Length: 25" (54.41%tile)
Weight: 14.46 lbs (41.39%tile)
Head Circumference: 17" (75.04%tile)

Ok, so MoMo might or might not have a big head. He has torticollis {which is a tight muscle in his neck} and Plagiocephaly {it is when an infant has a misshapen head due to a flatting on one side}. So the doctor said that his head does not measure correctly, instead giving you this LARGE number, making it sounds like he may already be the next Einstein. Regardless this little boy is amazing!

E's likes: car rides, anything with lights and sounds, music, his mobile, Mom, Dad, Tatu, Koko, his jungle gym play mat, he looooooooves the TV and Baby Einstein DVD's, his swing, faces, and being swaddled.

E's not so much favorite things: the taste of Gripe Water and Baby Tylenol, being over tired, being too hot aaaaaaaaaaaannd I think that is all.

He is so easy going, I love that he just hangs out. He never complains unless it is something painful like shots. He has been sleeping through the nights since he was 8-9 weeks old and we wake him up around midnight to feed him. So technically he never wakes up on his own and sleeps 12 straight hours. 

As far as the shots go, it has made him groggy and right now the swing is his favorite place. When the nurse harpooned him with the needle his little face scrunched up and turned crimson red. I have never seen that much blood rush to his face like that before. He cried just for a bit and once I held him he was laughing and smiling at the nurse like she just gave him candy. Once we got home he pouted his bottom lip and started to cry a painful cry. Not one of those angry or hungry cry, but strictly a painful cry. Thank goodness for Baby Tylenol. It is the greatest helper and with out it both Ekemona and I would be crying all night. 

Now it's picture time!!! Oh-oh oh oh oh-oh-oh picture time...







5 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the strategically placed washcloth....

Diana Smith said...

AWWW what a cutie pie! I love the smiles he is giving you! wow 4 months! He is getting so big! Loving his hair! If he were a girl you could do pigtails already haha just imagine what you will do with your girls hair haha

Camille Spence said...

If my baby is a girl baby, we should force our babies to get married when they're all grown up so I can have some really cute grand babies. And we can be mother-in-law-sisters.

Tiffany said...

Oh my...he is precious.

sarah said...

I just love this kid! Hopefully i can meet him soon!

and his hair...so beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...